Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm studying biomedical science and going into my final year at university.
    My stats:
    GCSEs:1A* 6As 3Bs
    AS: BCC
    A2: BCD (C in chemistry and D in biology :/ )
    Degree: Predicted 2:1/1st
    UKCAT: 603

Due to the bad UKCAT score i have next to no luck of getting into medical school.
    I have done plenty of research into what unis I can apply to and only came up with two options: Barts (probably not the best of chances) and Leicester (the points after taking into account my stats aren't great)

If i did the BMAT i think I'd only be able to apply to 1 one of the BMAT unis.

Any advice on what i should do?

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic)
    Hi,

I'm studying biomedical science and going into my final year at university.
    My stats:
    GCSEs:1A* 6As 3Bs
    AS: BCC
    A2: BCD (C in chemistry and D in biology :/ )
    Degree: Predicted 2:1/1st
    UKCAT: 603

Due to the bad UKCAT score i have next to no luck of getting into medical school.
    I have done plenty of research into what unis I can apply to and only came up with two options: Barts (probably not the best of chances) and Leicester (the points after taking into account my stats aren't great)

If i did the BMAT i think I'd only be able to apply to 1 one of the BMAT unis.

Any advice on what i should do?

Thanks in advance.
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that your UKCAT wasn't as good as you had hoped Have you considered taking the GAMSAT or applying abroad? If you really really want to do medicine, the best advice I can come up with is to practice hard for the BMAT, and if you end up not getting in this year, then work hard to get a 1st and apply with better stats next year. The best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Here's some information, hopefully it helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.