Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know when it is?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlAcK dIaMoNd)
    Anybody know when it is?

Cheers.
    I believe it starts on the 27th September - but there is an introductory fresher's conference on the previous Thursday - 23rd. Id check with your faculty office for final checks, but you will find out after results day. What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Eyo.

Thank ya much.

I will be studying English and History.

What about you? Where you staying?

Geez, im turnin into one of these proper forum addicts!

DiAmOnD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlAcK dIaMoNd)
    Eyo.

Thank ya much.

I will be studying English and History.

What about you? Where you staying?

Geemus, im turnin into one of these proper forum addicts!

DiAmOnD.
    Ill be studying Veterinary Medicine and have applied for Derby & Rathbone Hall.

ReputationRep:
    Im gonna be the one with the fluorecent pink jumpsuit, keep a look out for me.

ReputationRep:
    U will prob move into your accom on the 21-22. Freshers week will start then and run up to the monday (27th) when lectures will start.
    Chesney Hawkes on the first sat is guaranteed.
    Freshers Ball(prob the thurs) also, but thats a rip off as you will find out but you freshers will be waded at this stage so wont care.
    Also stuff like school disco which is crap, but again everyone goes to the first one.
    Then monday lectures, but the o' so great double vision starts after that.
    Tues morning, first lecture missed due to alcohol related reasons
    Have fun.

ReputationRep:
    Hi just found this on the Greenbank website, where you will move in on the Mon 20th or Tues 21st Sept.
    The University runs on a system of two (teaching) semesters, over three terms.
    The term dates for the academic year 2004/2005 are -
    Freshers Week - 20 - 26 September 2004. (vets have an additional week that follows the general freshers!!!)
    First term - 27 September 2004 - 17 December 2004.
    Second term - 10 January 2005 - 18 March 2005.
    Third term - 11 April 2005 - 10 June 2005.
    The semesters are:
    First semester - 27 September 2004 - 21 January 2005.
    Second semester - 24 January 2005 - 10 June 2005.

ReputationRep:
    Although it says u will finish in june, the actual last exams for 1st years is may. (may 20 this year) so u will have two weeks doing sweet f.a.
    And there will be no organised stuff on the first two days of freshers and poss third when ppl are moving in.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Just joined, and I'm going to be studying Ancient History and Archaeology in September. I'm glad fresher's week starts on Monday the 20th.......for some reason I had a strange idea that we had to be there on Wednesday the 22nd, but I suppose that's just when all the events get started

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lothlorien)
    Hiya! Just joined, and I'm going to be studying Ancient History and Archaeology in September. I'm glad fresher's week starts on Monday the 20th.......for some reason I had a strange idea that we had to be there on Wednesday the 22nd, but I suppose that's just when all the events get started
    Its nice to know some more people are hoping to go to Liverpool. Where have you applied for accommodation?
    For everyone else - just in case you havent had a chance to go on to the website http://www.liverpoolguild.org.uk/ there are some Fresher's week details. On the Tuesday night there is a Ceildh, Weds -School disco, Thurs - Comedy night, Friday - Ball, Sat - Shindig and Sunday there is the Fresher's Fair with all the Socs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    Its nice to know some more people are hoping to go to Liverpool. Where have you applied for accommodation?
    For everyone else - just in case you havent had a chance to go on to the website http://www.liverpoolguild.org.uk/ there are some Fresher's week details. On the Tuesday night there is a Ceildh, Weds -School disco, Thurs - Comedy night, Friday - Ball, Sat - Shindig and Sunday there is the Fresher's Fair with all the Socs.
    A fine link. Will bookmark. I can see myself joining their debating society, rock society and their LDYS one

ReputationRep:
    Why is there no Choir or Brass band-esque society? (or is there, but it's listed just as "music" ?) That's very odd not to have them, unless they're not listed here or are only open to Music undergrads...? I really want to join a Gospel/Jazz choir (or even a Barbershop quartet...wow!) when I go to Uni, but only Southampton Uni seem to have one atm. (and i dont want to go there!)

Any idea where I can find info about choirs/orchestras etc at Liverpool uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThunderCat8)
    Why is there no Choir or Brass band-esque society? (or is there, but it's listed just as "music" ?) That's very odd not to have them, unless they're not listed here or are only open to Music undergrads...? I really want to join a Gospel/Jazz choir (or even a Barbershop quartet...wow!) when I go to Uni, but only Southampton Uni seem to have one atm. (and i dont want to go there!)

Any idea where I can find info about choirs/orchestras etc at Liverpool uni?
    Try emailing the school of Music at Liverpool - [email protected] or go onto http://www.liv.ac.uk/music/contact/general.htm and fill in the form, as they will be the best to inform you. Most universities have some sort of choir and orchestras and I feel that Liverpool's Music school will definately have something to meet your tastes.
    There is Liverpool University Choir that meets every Thursday, The University Singers (chamber choir), Symphony Orchestra, Jazz and Brass Bands, Music Society and you can read about these on http://www.liv.ac.uk/music/music_making/index.htm Hope that this helps you to decide on going to Liverpool!

ReputationRep:
    Just pick up as many free condoms and lolipops possible on the freshers fair.
    Priorities ppl, priorities.....
    I was slightly worried by the "oxfam" free condoms tho :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GibbonGimp)
    Just pick up as many free condoms and lolipops possible on the freshers fair.
    Priorities ppl, priorities.....
    I was slightly worried by the "oxfam" free condoms tho :O
    You get to pick up free condoms?! I heard one of my friends who went to Portsmouth said that they tried to bribe her studying there with all these sweets. I mean really!

Maybe Oxfam have an interest in contraception because it may have implications of poverty etc in Africa and elsewhere in the world? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    I've applied to the Carnatic ones......1st choice, McNair, 2nd, Dale, and 3rd Salisbury. The Greenbank ones looked nice, but were more expensive, so I plumped for the sort of middling price Carnatic ones. I suppose I went for McNair because it had a Computer Room and was nearest for the bus! And I was going to put Salisbury second, but then took a second look, and it said that there were all-female areas, and I didn't want to risk ending up there....imagine the *****iness and hormones with just us lasses around!!

Ooooooo, that's a good link! I'm all excited now! i can't believe there's a Neighbours society! And I'm disappointed there isn't a Narnia one! yes, I am a freak, I know!

Oh, and where did you find the info on the Ceildh? I couldn't seem to find it on that link? :confused: because it sounds pretty good

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to the Carnatic ones......1st choice, McNair, 2nd, Dale, and 3rd Salisbury. The Greenbank ones looked nice, but were more expensive, so I plumped for the sort of middling price Carnatic ones. I suppose I went for McNair because it had a Computer Room and was nearest for the bus! And I was going to put Salisbury second, but then took a second look, and it said that there were all-female areas, and I didn't want to risk ending up there....imagine the *****iness and hormones with just us lasses around!!

Ooooooo, that's a good link! I'm all excited now! i can't believe there's a Neighbours society! And I'm disappointed there isn't a Narnia one! yes, I am a freak, I know!

Oh, and where did you find the info on the Ceildh? I couldn't seem to find it on that link? :confused: because it sounds pretty good
    I thought of applying to the cheaper ones but I thought I'd look at what they offered and felt that the expensive ones I got what I paid for. If I wanted a real cheap route to higher education I would have applied to the OU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I thought of applying to the cheaper ones but I thought I'd look at what they offered and felt that the expensive ones I got what I paid for. If I wanted a real cheap route to higher education I would have applied to the OU
    Well, I felt guilty, cos my parents are forking some of it out!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I felt guilty, cos my parents are forking some of it out!
    Yeah that's understandable. I thought it was better for me to go to ones which have better facilities like nsooker rooms etc because that I feel, if in used in correct amounts of time, will help me with my studies. So I'm doing everything I can to make it easy for me in the first year since I'm familiar with every module in that year. Could make a difference between a 2:1 and a first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Yeah that's understandable. I thought it was better for me to go to ones which have better facilities like nsooker rooms etc because that I feel, if in used in correct amounts of time, will help me with my studies. So I'm doing everything I can to make it easy for me in the first year since I'm familiar with every module in that year. Could make a difference between a 2:1 and a first
    he he! yeah, fair enough! No, if I could've, I'd have probably plumped for a greenbank hall......I really liked the look of those little balconies! Could grow veg on em, or summit! parsnips! Well, you never know! I think in the end, wherever we end up, we'll probably have a great time! unless I end up in Rankin Hall......the walls are just white-washed brick....like a prison cell! :eek:

As fresher's week starts on the Monday the 20th, is it common practice to arrive on, say, the Saturday or Sunday? I was just wondering, cos that's what my Mum reckons, and my brother did that when he went to Leeds.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.