The Student Room Group

Teenagers jailed for attacking families in France over what they were wearing

Teenagers jailed for attacking two families in southern France as 'women were wearing shorts'The two couples, a friend and their children were cycling in the city of Toulon in July when the two women were abused for wearing shorts by around 12 youths.

Local prosecutor Bernard Machal said the teens hurled insults at the women, shouting “whore” and “go on, get naked”.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/attack-france-women-clothing-sexist-abuse-violence-burkini-ban-a7233386.html

A bacon sandwich for anyone who can find the names of the teenagers as we must know the facts before implying these might belong to a certain faith group who has issues in this regard.
Hmmm, I wonder what the demographic information of the attackers is, I am sure that I could not possibly guess it correctly.
Reply 3
I think it says a lot about people when they only show an interest in a crime when it's being committed by a particular group they don't take a liking to. It's nice to see their lack of genuine sympathy or empathy being overrided by an overarching need to shove their "muslimz r bad lOL!" agenda down everyone's throats.
Wow what a progressive and liberal culture. Makes perfect sense that Guardianistas would love it so much.

(Actually it does make sense. Both Guardian readers and Muslims share a puritanical streak to them. Guardian readers seem themselves in Muslims like these)
Original post by Inexorably
I think it says a lot about people when they only show an interest in a crime when it's being committed by a particular group they don't take a liking to. It's nice to see their lack of genuine sympathy or empathy being overrided by an overarching need to shove their "muslimz r bad lOL!" agenda down everyone's throats.

You've got it the wrong way round. People are wary of Islam because of all the horrible stories associated with it. They don't just find the stories horrible because they dislike Islam, and if they did, it wouldn't make much sense, because they wouldn't have a reason to dislike Islam in the first place.

That would be true if the "people" committing these crimes weren't doing it every single day somewhere in the world.
Reply 8
Where is the outrage?

Just imagine if a Muslim woman had been beaten because of her clothes. We would have had countless articles denouncing Islamophobia, or the persecution of Muslims in France.
Original post by Josb
Where is the outrage?

Just imagine if a Muslim woman had been beaten because of her clothes. We would have had countless articles denouncing Islamophobia, or the persecution of Muslims in France.

and we would have you guys apologising for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
Where is the outrage?

C'mon, this is 2016 Europe, where protesting against ethnic cleansing and blatant acts of terrorism is seen as racist and will get you in-prisoned, whilst promoting the downfall of western culture and multiculturalism will land you a job as mayor of London
Reply 11
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

I wouldn't find excuse for several dozens of people taking turns to jump on the head of someone on the ground. You are disgusting to suggest it.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Just 12 dickheads really
I thought you offered a bacon sandwich to whoever gave them in because it seems complete obvious what they're demographic and faith group is, and that particular one won't touch the sandwich or be any help to you.
Yet another argument as to why we should completely ban immigration from Muslim countries, and send the Muslims currently living here back home. Us Westerners should be able to live in peace, not be threatened by these beasts whenever we open our front doors.

It is about what sort of society we want to live in.

No-one doubts the obvious fact that the "Muslim community" (whatever that means) is growing a dizzying rate as a percentage of the total population, in France (and the UK).

Or do you?

Will those of Muslim extraction continue to seek to enforce their culture (in this example their dress code on women) as the years go by, or will they live and let live?

Because if they continue this culture war, all the time growing more and more numerous we are in for highly troubling times over the next few decades...
Original post by #ChaosKass
Yet another argument as to why we should completely ban immigration from Muslim countries, and send the Muslims currently living here back home. Us Westerners should be able to live in peace, not be threatened by these beasts whenever we open our front doors.

Why is the 'foreign' one worth deportation?
Original post by alevelstresss
you're a vile person to neglect the fact that the very same crimes are committed in mass by our own population - why is the 'foreign' one worth deportation?
whataboutery at its worst

and insults won't help your argument

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending