Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have an interview at JD Wetherspoons to become kitchen staff full-time (35 hours). The interview is next Wednesday, it'll last 30-40 minutes and I was asked to bring identification and my NIN. I was just wondering what sort of questions they'll ask and if there's anything I should prepare for.

The job posting is new and doesn't close till the middle of next month. I applied a week ago and received the notice yesterday, is it normal for them to offer an interview so quickly, if so will there be lots of other candidates?

Many thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    CV Helper
    (Original post by CaspianFS)
    Hi I have an interview at JD Wetherspoons to become kitchen staff full-time (35 hours). The interview is next Wednesday, it'll last 30-40 minutes and I was asked to bring identification and my NIN. I was just wondering what sort of questions they'll ask and if there's anything I should prepare for.

The job posting is new and doesn't close till the middle of next month. I applied a week ago and received the notice yesterday, is it normal for them to offer an interview so quickly, if so will there be lots of other candidates?

Many thanks
    In this sort of role it's usual for the interviewer to be the manager and very busy. They just slot interviews in when they can, rather than in a larger, office based organisation where they ask everyone to turn up to a schedule on one day.

No employer has to keep a job application open until the deadline they announce. If you have very specific requirements and might find a better candidate by waiting, you wait for the deadline, but for things like bar/kitchen work where there will be strong candidates turning up all the time, the application deadline is just a flexible concept.

Bringing identification/NIN is just covering their legal obligation to check to are eligible to work in the UK, it doesn't suggest any preference/advantage in the selection process.

They will be asking normal questions about your experience and you skills re kitchen work!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    They might ask you to give examples of experiences that you can apply to the role. Such as: give us an example of when you have worked well under pressure. Your answer doesn't have to be within a kitchen/restaurant environment, they just want to know how you managed to cope when you were busy and how you overcame a stressful time. Make sense?

You might find these helpful to prepare:

Classic interview questions: http://advice.milkround.com/classic-interview-questions
    How to prepare for an interview: http://advice.milkround.com/intervie...r-an-interview

Best of luck! I would love to hear how you get on afterwards and if you are offered the job

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was offered the job and the interview was really easy and informal. However I've turned it down :/ because I got a job offer from somewhere 20 miles closer to where I live, which I feel really bad about. I really appreciate your support though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.