The Student Room Group

Need help with A level choices

My GCSE grades: Maths, Physics, Biology = all A*, Sport D*, everything else A(including further maths).

My choices for A Level so far is Maths, Biology, Physics & Sport.

I'm not sure on what I want to do at university but some things I've thought of:

Engineering
Business
Business Economics & Finance
Economics

Are these A levels okay for the possible degrees??? Should I swap any or stay the same??
Original post by Scootscoot
My GCSE grades: Maths, Physics, Biology = all A*, Sport D*, everything else A(including further maths).

My choices for A Level so far is Maths, Biology, Physics & Sport.

I'm not sure on what I want to do at university but some things I've thought of:

Engineering
Business
Business Economics & Finance
Economics

Are these A levels okay for the possible degrees??? Should I swap any or stay the same??

Seems like you're going towards the more business side so it'd be wiser to take Economics or Business. I'd take out biology or sport for one of them. Maybe biology because well 1) a level biology is ugly 2) you'll have 4 intense subjects if you swap with sport. Keep in mind that you may change what you want to do during a levels cos I hated business but I took it as a banter subject since I wanted to do medicine
Reply 2
Original post by Michaelj99
Seems like you're going towards the more business side so it'd be wiser to take Economics or Business. I'd take out biology or sport for one of them. Maybe biology because well 1) a level biology is ugly 2) you'll have 4 intense subjects if you swap with sport. Keep in mind that you may change what you want to do during a levels cos I hated business but I took it as a banter subject since I wanted to do medicine

Can't do business or economics at my 6th form, only "finance"
Don't do PE otherwise you wish to continue later on.

Physics is a highly respected A level because of the difficulty. Have you considered further maths?

What universities are you considering ? Please look at their websites. Some universities have black lists for certain subjects.

I took business, history, maths and further maths in the first year. I dropped further maths in the second year.

Also consider other options than just university. I have one friend who went down the apprenticeship route (for IT) and is earning in excess of £30k.
Reply 4
Original post by kaya_lioness
Don't do PE otherwise you wish to continue later on.

Physics is a highly respected A level because of the difficulty. Have you considered further maths?

What universities are you considering ? Please look at their websites. Some universities have black lists for certain subjects.

I took business, history, maths and further maths in the first year. I dropped further maths in the second year.

Also consider other options than just university. I have one friend who went down the apprenticeship route (for IT) and is earning in excess of £30k.

Yeah I've thought about apprenticeship's as well.

Atm I just don't know about my A Levels though, I want to get rid of sport but what would I replace it with? Further Maths seems really hard
Original post by Scootscoot
Can't do business or economics at my 6th form, only "finance"

Ohhh I see, maybe try that? i have no clue what that involves. Check what you'd need to have for a levels for those courses at different unis/ call them and ask if you can get into the course with economics/business or if you can have finance as the option. Physics and Maths are good options. Not sure about sport though

Quick Reply

Latest