7.32%
Don't know yet (3)
7.32%
Grimm Reaper
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just wondering how many of you would donate their organs once you die.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, I would. I signed up to become an organ donor once my papa got put on the transplant list. I always meant to do it but never got around to signing up and that gave me the reminder and wake up call to it. Someone might as well get a use out of my organs once I die. I certainly wont need them
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you kidney me?

:getmecoat:
claireestelle
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I signed up to when I was 17, they aren't any use of me once I'm dead so the more lives my organs save the better.
Rhythmical
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I actually am an organ donor, have been since I was 15. It was a no brainer, I was never pressured into it, it was just something I had always considered and wanted to do. Once I've died, someone else will have the chance to live their life and that makes me so happy.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, signed up on the donor register. Although given the way I abuse my body at times, I'm not sure anyone would want my organs.
Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes 100%
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would definitely, my dad was on dialysis two years ago and i remember the hardship and the struggle he had to go through 3 times a week, he became extremely poorly and depressed whilst on dialysis. This dramatically changed when he got the call for the kidney transplant and i would never want anyone to go through what my dad did so i would definitely donate my organs.....plus if i am dead what am i going to do with dead limp tissue?
Lularose83
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also, OP, your username is giving me the creeps 😱
MPH125
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I take great joy in knowing that when I eventually die, my very last deed might be to save the life of, or at least improve the life of, another.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by retro_turtles)
I would definitely, my dad was on dialysis two years ago and i remember the hardship and the struggle he had to go through 3 times a week, he became extremely poorly and depressed whilst on dialysis. This dramatically changed when he got the call for the kidney transplant and i would never want anyone to go through what my dad did so i would definitely donate my organs.....plus if i am dead what am i going to do with dead limp tissue?
Sorry to hear your dad had to go through this my grandpa gets daily dialysis at home and is still waiting for his transplant. He got the call in May this year saying they had found a match but when they opened up the donor, the organs were too far gone to be used
My papa lost a kidney through cancer and at the time, we thought he was lucky as he only needed surgery and no chemo or radiation but within 6 months of getting his kidney removed, his remaining kidney started to fail and he had to start dialysis.

I know what you mean about people on dialysis becoming poorly and depressed. My papa was taken off the list for a few months recently (but is back on now, thankfully) due to nearly contracting septicemia from an infection while on dialysis and he was suicidal with depression on his worst days.

Its a horrible thing to watch a loved one go through. I hope you're dad is doing ok now :hugs:
2016_GCSE
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well you sure won't be using them when you die so just give them to someone else to use.
Grimm Reaper
Rep:
?
That's amazing you guys :ahee: :ahee: :awesome: so great to hear everyone here is willing to donate their organs and save so many lives
BabyLadDarren
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I would only do it for research, not so it could be put into someone elses body.
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Spock's Socks)
Sorry to hear your dad had to go through this my grandpa gets daily dialysis at home and is still waiting for his transplant. He got the call in May this year saying they had found a match but when they opened up the donor, the organs were too far gone to be used
My papa lost a kidney through cancer and at the time, we thought he was lucky as he only needed surgery and no chemo or radiation but within 6 months of getting his kidney removed, his remaining kidney started to fail and he had to start dialysis.

I know what you mean about people on dialysis becoming poorly and depressed. My papa was taken off the list for a few months recently (but is back on now, thankfully) due to nearly contracting septicemia from an infection while on dialysis and he was suicidal with depression on his worst days.

Its a horrible thing to watch a loved one go through. I hope you're dad is doing ok now :hugs:
Im so sorry to hear about your situation and i am glad to hear that he's back on the list again. He is alot better thanks he was almost refused the kidney by a surgeon that did a check up on him and by a stroke of luck another surgeon came in pissed off at the nurse to ask why my dad wasn't ready for surgery so he ended up getting the transplant.

Hopefully one of these days you get the call saying that there's a kidney available.
Grimm Reaper
Rep:
?
(Original post by BabyLadDarren)
I would only do it for research, not so it could be put into someone elses body.
Research? What research, for what purpose?
Grimm Reaper
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spock's Socks)

(Original post by retro_turtles)
Im so sorry to hear about your situation and i am glad to hear that he's back on the list again. He is alot better thanks he was almost refused the kidney by a surgeon that did a check up on him and by a stroke of luck another surgeon came in pissed off at the nurse to ask why my dad wasn't ready for surgery so he ended up getting the transplant.

Hopefully one of these days you get the call saying that there's a kidney available.
:console: :grouphugs:

Hopefully this won't happen to other people once you donate your organs once your dead. You girls and everyone eles here will be heroies once dead and you sitll be doing good and helping so many people beyond the grave :yep:
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Grimm Reaper)
:console: :grouphugs:

Hopefully this won't happen to other people once you donate your organs once your dead. You girls and everyone eles here will be heroies once dead and you sitll be doing good and helping so many people beyond the grave :yep:
Lol thanks Grimm Reaper
BabyLadDarren
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Grimm Reaper)
Research? What research, for what purpose?
I dunno but I'm sure there's something, they always look at healthy brains and compare them to brains of patients that have alzheimer's.
Grimm Reaper
Rep:
?
Just bumping this as some peolple may not have seen this thread :bump:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (70)
15.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (44)
10.02%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (82)
18.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (61)
13.9%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (47)
10.71%
How can I be the best version of myself? (135)
30.75%

Watched Threads