The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Robob
Become a hooker or rent boy.

Or Pimp out your mates...

hah, you muppet! I was gonna put 'pimpin' before i decided to make the above comment instead! :p:
Reply 61
samba
hah, you muppet! I was gonna put 'pimpin' before i decided to make the above comment instead! :p:

You and your one track mind ;no;
Reply 62
Robob
You and your one track mind ;no;

Lies, I have an adult website as well ;yes;
Reply 63
samba
Lies, I have an adult website as well ;yes;

Is that still going?
Reply 64
Nah, the models were generally too much hassle to deal with timewise. Having said that I've just been thinking of putting a new version of the site online! Maybe having less of our own models and just buying rights to images/vids would be a less time intensive model :biggrin:
Reply 65
Dirty old man ;no;

:p:
Reply 66
two people joined up to bux and made helped make me money. Thanks.

DONT BUY REFERRALS THOUGH! Not worth IMO.

No one has joined adbux. That one is pretty good to.

You can join both:

www.adbux.org
http://bux.to

and please remember to put mkkreuk down as your referrer!

Cheers
more adventurous
10 whole pounds in a week!? Gosh! :eek: You could get a job and make that in less than two hours.

How old are you guys? I've never seen anybody getting excited over making £10 in a week or $100 a month before...

I actually have a job for over summer, but earning an extra £15-£20 a week by just clicking a few buttons is really nothing to be sniggered at.
Reply 68
sonicboooom
Well, i just signed up, thought it had to be worth a shot, at least you don't give them any personal info like the 'free ps3' scam things. I put mkkreuk as my referer as well to be kind! :biggrin: who know, i might make you like $0.10 a day, we're gonna be rich! :p:

Those "free PS3" things arn't scams:p: Well might be depending on what site but I've managed to get 2 MacBooks and Nintendo Wii from a legitimate site :biggrin:
Reply 69
Robob
Dirty old man ;no;

:p:

Merely providing a service to the public ;yes;
trickz
Those "free PS3" things arn't scams:p: Well might be depending on what site but I've managed to get 2 MacBooks and Nintendo Wii from a legitimate site :biggrin:

I'll back you up that they're legitimate, but the problem is it's extremely difficult to get 15 or so people to sign up or whatever they request. The sites know this, and they make their money when people don't reach that 15 and give up. With all the money they make they can afford to give PS3s and such to those that do reach the requirement, plus they will have made quite a bit from your 15.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only way to make big money online is to set up a clever website that subtly gets people to sign up to your affiliate. The bookmakers affiliate site someone linked to earlier was a perfect example of how to set up such a site. So good that I bookmarked it for when I try to set something like that up. You don't even need a lot of website design skills to do it, just knowledge of how to convince people what you're marketing is the best thing since sliced bread, and of course some basic HTML skills.

People make (or used to) $3k a month just spamming MySpace, and that's because they have such a website. I'm not encouraging spamming, but that shows the potential income when you get a traffic flow. Learning about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is highly recommended and if you do that right, the traffic flows legitimately and with little effort. You could also experiment with Google Ad Words and other tools to get traffic.
Reply 71
BluesMan
I need money over the summer. I have a fair amount of free time on my hands and I need a create way to make cash. I could get a job in a bar, but I keep feeling there is some clever way to make money on the internet, or somehow without getting a normal job. Im only a student so dont need to make loooads. Just enough to satisfy myself over the summer.

Poker/blackjack was an option, but its too unpredictable! Sometimes i win loads, sometimes i dont. Wouldnt risk it.

lol this is stupid i know, but does anyone have any ideas?

haha i was thinking "poker!!!" from the moment i saw your thread title!! a large part of it yes is chance, but the more experience you get, the more money u will win based on bluffing, intelligent raising, savvy folding etc. i play but just with play money :P i'm not sure what else to suggest man...
trickz

Yeh, ok, they're not "scams" then as such because you do eventually get a PS3 or whatever, but the amount of personal info you and your mates would have to give them, and the things you have to sign up for make it not really worth it. But this was discussed in another thread. :p:
Reply 73
prostitution... ?
Reply 74
Here's what i've recieved from the REPUTABLE freebie sites...*deep breath*

80GB Ipod Video

Nintendo Wii

Xbox 360 Premium

Sony PS3 60GB

I have a 32" Samsung HDTV on it's way by and of the month too ( my biggest freebie yet!), I had to get 28 referrals for this but IT IS POSSIBLE if you know the various methods for getting sign ups. I did this within 2 months, which I don't think is bad going.
Reply 75
naymeee
Here's what i've recieved from the REPUTABLE freebie sites...*deep breath*

Sounds too good to be true... which sites are you on about? Thanks!
Reply 76
I didn't think I was allowed to post links that could be construed as advertising on here? Anyway PM me if you'd like afew of the best ones, and there's also a uk forum site dedicated to the subject where you can find 100's of people discussing it/posting the items they have recieved etc. This is what convinced me, it's as if there are a small majority of people who have had it proved to them, and everyone else thinks it's too good to be true!

I'd say there are about 5 sites in the uk that are risk-free- not many is it? But these sites know what they are doing, and make a good profit from it because they get paid a commission payment of about £30-40 for your offer and the offers of those who you refer. You can do a free trial offer for lovefilm, which is completely no-ties, and yet you still get credited for doing it. No money is actually lost on your side if you do this, so no risk involved.

Just for the record, i'm not fishing for referrals here- if you tell me you want a free xbox 360, i will give you the best site to get one off, i have already recieved mine so can't do it again. On the other hand, there is a site that you can do over and over, so if you are ok with it and want one of the items off it, i would obviously be very grateful if you could sign up via my link! I realise that's kinda cheeky to ask though so in return i'd be happy to share some of my referral-getting secrets!If you would like to see some of the pictures i took as proof i can try post em on here or add u to my facebook. I realise people are going to want as much proof as possible, hell, it took me about 2 months of asking questions before i finally tried it!
What puts most people off with those is the difficulty of getting referrals. Obviously you can trade them with other people but then you'll end up signing up for items you don't want.
Reply 78
Sephiroth
What puts most people off with those is the difficulty of getting referrals. Obviously you can trade them with other people but then you'll end up signing up for items you don't want.

Exactly. I've only ever done that if I needed a quick referral. I swear there must be tons of 'methods' out there though, because I know people who get tons of refs but don't use the same methods as me- they tend to keep schtum about what their methods are though sadly!
Well exchanging, asking friends and spamming social networks and forums appear to be the only ways to get them.

Latest

Trending

Trending