The Student Room Group

Civil engineering VS Maths & Finance VS Economics with Finance for Job prospects?

Hi guys, as the titles states, I'm in a position where I need to pick from these 3 courses, I'm currently going to start a civil eng degree in a few weeks but have the option to change - I enjoy Quantitative subjects, hence why I've shortlisted the other 2. In terms of job prospects and both short and long term salary potential, which do you think would be the best way forwards? should I stick with civil engineering or make the transfer?
Original post by xSahar
Hi guys, as the titles states, I'm in a position where I need to pick from these 3 courses, I'm currently going to start a civil eng degree in a few weeks but have the option to change - I enjoy Quantitative subjects, hence why I've shortlisted the other 2. In terms of job prospects and both short and long term salary potential, which do you think would be the best way forwards? should I stick with civil engineering or make the transfer?

Do you want to be an engineer?
Original post by xSahar

Either course will allow you to go into anything finance or business-y. It genuinely doesn't matter - however, if you have 0 interest in engineering there's no point putting yourself through a degree in it.

Salary is determined by whatever job you end up doing, not the degree itself so not sure why you're asking about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest