Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    I've just submitted my UCAS for Sept 2017 to study Occupational therapy.
    Just wanted to start a new discussion so we can share some best practice & tips for applying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefingers)
    Hi everyone
    I've just submitted my UCAS for Sept 2017 to study Occupational therapy.
    Just wanted to start a new discussion so we can share some best practice & tips for applying!
    What universities have you applied to? I'm still going to open days, but I'm thinking UEA and Essex so far.

ReputationRep:
    Already? :O
    I'm in the process of writing my personal statement.
    These are the universities I've shortlisted so far:
    UEA
    Coventry
    Derby
    Bournemouth
    Plymouth
    LSBU
    UWE Bristol

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of applying but want to wait until I've completed a work placement and finished my access course in October. I'm only considering Glyndwr as that's the only uni close enough to me (I have school age kids and won't be moving).

ReputationRep:
    i'm feeling gutted....UWE Bristol requires its applicants to have a science a level and a social science a level....I only have a social science (Sociology)...do you think it is worth me applying?

ReputationRep:
    You could do a science access course in that time. Distance Learning Centre is just over £1k in total and you can pay monthly - but you'd need to check whether they accept access by distance learning. Liverpool doesn't for example.

Ballache but I wouldn't count on getting a place without fully meeting the entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    I don't meet any of the entry requirements, I got A* (In EPQ) B (Sociology) C (Ethics = due to a massive panic attack in my exams) C (English). I was hoping the fact that I've had shadowing experiences in two hospitals, I currently work in the health and social care with a variety of people, my past experiences being a patient all of my life and my PS and references would prove I deserve to be on the course.

I don't have the money to fund an access course unfortunately.

I don't know whether to play it safe and put Coventry down as I know it has slightly lower grade requirements than go with one of my favourites, UEA....

All of this is really stressing me out

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm a mature student and have applied for Coventry, Northampton and Derby. Sent off my application this week. Have any of you heard anything from your choices?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if you are concerned about your course in any way, please give us a call on 0121 392 8288 and an adviser will be happy to discuss this with you.

ReputationRep:
    If that's distance learning it's a lot of money. Mine with DLC was less than £1200 all in. I hope you're getting some actual teaching for that.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I heard back from Derby Uni today and I have an interview on 5th Dec. Was wondering if anyone else has had an invite or if anyone who has had their interview can offer any tips?
    P.s. Good luck to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraM99)
    Hi, I heard back from Derby Uni today and I have an interview on 5th Dec. Was wondering if anyone else has had an invite or if anyone who has had their interview can offer any tips?
    P.s. Good luck to you all
    I have an interview that day too. And Coventry have given me an interview,just waiting for confirmation of the dates. Is Derby your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am applying for Occupational therapy. How is everyone preparing for interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gl88)
    I have an interview that day too. And Coventry have given me an interview,just waiting for confirmation of the dates. Is Derby your first choice?
    Good luck with your interview! How are you preparing for it and how are you getting there? Derby was my second choice but I was rejected from my first and I'm still awaiting a reply from Coventry.

ReputationRep:
    Have applied for the OT courses at LSBU, Essex, Bournemouth, London Brunel and Worcester.
    Have only heard back from Worcester with an interview on the 7th December.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

I am still yet to apply. Did you guys apply through UCAS? Can I still apply as an external student? Thinking of applying to LSBU and Brunel.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard back from LSBU and have an interview on 5th of December- Does anyone else? I think it is a MMI type interview too! :-/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFJHW7)
    I've heard back from LSBU and have an interview on 5th of December- Does anyone else? I think it is a MMI type interview too! :-/
    I have one there too!! Whats MMI?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmahoward98)
    I have one there too!! Whats MMI?
    It's mixed mini interviews. I think they usually have about 5 people and you see each one for about 10 minutes and they will each ask different things. One may be a generic why do you want to do the course type interview. One may be a role play, one may be a scenario and you have to say what you would do etc!
    Is yours on the same day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFJHW7)
    It's mixed mini interviews. I think they usually have about 5 people and you see each one for about 10 minutes and they will each ask different things. One may be a generic why do you want to do the course type interview. One may be a role play, one may be a scenario and you have to say what you would do etc!
    Is yours on the same day?
    Ooh thankyou! Yeah it's on the 5th so I need to start preparing for it soon.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.