Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  student finance.png
Views: 77
Size:  88.2 KB

Just recently applied for student finance about 2 weeks ago give or take, and i selected the highest amount of maintenance loan as my house hold income is definitely not over £25k therefore i should be eligible for the maximum amount, however today received an email about my SFE account begin updated and when i checked the payment had been scheduled however i am only receiving £3821, i am kind of confused about this can anyone help as to why this has happened?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you submitted proof of household income? It's also possible that they haven't income assessed you yet so you have something to start the term with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Have you submitted proof of household income? It's also possible that they haven't income assessed you yet so you have something to start the term with.
    Yes, my dad had made an account for SFE and filled out all the financial information that was required in determining what i would get

ReputationRep:
    This normally happens when Student Finance have approved your eligibility for loans, but haven't yet approved the evidence you've sent in regarding your household income. You applied long after the deadline and so it's likely you won't get the full amount you're eligible to for some weeks yet - for now, you'll receive the minimum amount to get you started while they process the rest of your application. It's probably worth phoning them up though, just to confirm they've received everything they need and it's being worked on

ReputationRep:
    I have the exact same query, it says my application has been approved but only with loans and no household income assessed extras, and I usually get the full amount. My parents have now finished their parts, will it update my application automatically? I haven't sent back a signed declaration because it's the incorrect amount.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.