rwuk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

Since year 11 I've always been interested in applying to Cambridge to study medicine. Open days and trips etc confirmed this for me.

GCSE: 5A*, 7A
AS: A in Maths, A in History, B in Biology, B in Chemistry
A2 Predicted: A* in Maths, A* in Chemistry, A in Biology

I'm banking my AS history and studying 3 A-Levels this year.
The reason my Chemistry is a B with a target of A* is that we changed from the OCR Salters exam board to AQA halfway through the year with limited AQA resources, which will be outlined on my reference.

I have also conducted a lot of good work experience placements, for example teaching first aid in East Africa and shadowing a Consultant Cardiologist at the Freeman Hospital for a week, alongside the usual GP placements etc.

If my BMAT score is high and my Personal Statement and interview are to a very high standard, is there a chance of admission or do the two B's at AS ruin the application for Cambridge? I've heard that they are big on UMS...

Please can you give me your honest opinions?

Thanks
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rwuk)
Hi,

Since year 11 I've always been interested in applying to Cambridge to study medicine. Open days and trips etc confirmed this for me.

GCSE: 5A*, 7A
AS: A in Maths, A in History, B in Biology, B in Chemistry
A2 Predicted: A* in Maths, A* in Chemistry, A in Biology

I'm banking my AS history and studying 3 A-Levels this year.
The reason my Chemistry is a B with a target of A* is that we changed from the OCR Salters exam board to AQA halfway through the year with limited AQA resources, which will be outlined on my reference.

I have also conducted a lot of good work experience placements, for example teaching first aid in East Africa and shadowing a Consultant Cardiologist at the Freeman Hospital for a week, alongside the usual GP placements etc.

If my BMAT score is high and my Personal Statement and interview are to a very high standard, is there a chance of admission or do the two B's at AS ruin the application for Cambridge? I've heard that they are big on UMS...

Please can you give me your honest opinions?

Thanks
Probably best to ask the admissions team in here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4300314
rwuk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by jneill)
Probably best to ask the admissions team in here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4300314
Thanks for the link
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (153)
38.25%
Take autumn exams (123)
30.75%
Look for a job (14)
3.5%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.25%
Take a year out (68)
17%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
6.25%

Watched Threads