Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could someone clarify/verify if this is true with regrads to grant/loan/bursary Watch

ReputationRep:
    My parents have been stating a point that the government can 'give' you £3000 for you to study at university, and backing up by claiming a son of his friend did it; my landlord is also saying something similar... but I am not sure since there are quite a lot of questions remaining, e.g conditions? Surely the government won't accept every application or it would be infeasible(10000 UK students = 1 billion pounds?). i have been searching for key words on the internet, such as £3000 grant/loan/bursary/accommodation and found not much about it, since I don't even know what form of finance support it would be.

So may I ask if anyone may clarify this for me and that would be amazing! Thank you so much for your attention as well!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Not heard of such a thing.

You can get bursaries from your uni if you're from a low income. These vary from uni to uni. And there are scholarships.

Every student who is from England is entitled to a loan of at least around £3800 for living costs plus £9000 for tuition fees. Maybe that's what they mean?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your reply! Do you need to pay back the money as other loans if your income exceeds certain limit?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.