Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys. I had a question and I would be very grateful if anyone could answer it.

I am currently in Year 12, as in September 2016. I would like to apply to BMAT Unis for medicine. I know that my application deadline would be the 15 October 2017, so next year. Could anybody tell me when I have to register and sit the exams for the BMAT? It's not this November, is it? And also, for those of you who have taken this test already, when is the best time to prepare for this test? Any tips and suggestions of books and/or courses?

Answers are appreciated. Thank you very much guys.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MehdiK24)
    Hi Guys. I had a question and I would be very grateful if anyone could answer it.

I am currently in Year 12, as in September 2016. I would like to apply to BMAT Unis for medicine. I know that my application deadline would be the 15 October 2017, so next year. Could anybody tell me when I have to register and sit the exams for the BMAT? It's not this November, is it? And also, for those of you who have taken this test already, when is the best time to prepare for this test? Any tips and suggestions of books and/or courses?

Answers are appreciated. Thank you very much guys.
    You will have to sit it in November 2017 (Ie. After you apply). You'll register for it at about this time too.*

In terms of preparation, about 2-3 months should be fine. I wouldn't recommend any books or courses. You can use the science guide for free online on their website, and for section 1, just do TSA papers, practise papers and A-Level critical thinking past papers. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    You will have to sit it in November 2017 (Ie. After you apply). You'll register for it at about this time too.*

In terms of preparation, about 2-3 months should be fine. I wouldn't recommend any books or courses. You can use the science guide for free online on their website, and for section 1, just do TSA papers, practise papers and A-Level critical thinking past papers. *
    Hi, thank you for the speedy reply. May I ask, what do you mean by registering now? Do i have to apply this year or next year? And if you can, could you also inform me likewise for the UKCAT?

Thank you very much for your time
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by MehdiK24)
    Hi, thank you for the speedy reply. May I ask, what do you mean by registering now? Do i have to apply this year or next year? And if you can, could you also inform me likewise for the UKCAT?

Thank you very much for your time
    Ah sorry, I worded it badly - I meant about this time next year. You don't have to worry about it for now.

In terms of the UKCAT, you'll do it in the summer after Year 12. You can find exact dates for registration/test period on their website but you get to choose a day to do it within the test period.*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.