Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just wanting any information from anyone who has achieved a place with PWC, straight out of school/ sixth form and going down that route instead of a degree.

- Whats it like on this program with PWC, obviously it will be hard work, but whats it like?

-'Assurance' or 'Deals' PWC offer both; I understand the former to do with looking into the inner workings of a business, and the latter focusing more on mergers, aquisitions and takeovers. Just wondering if you have any more information from your experience which you could give

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

Do you know exactly what you want your apprenticeship to be on and where?

Milkround have loads of apprenticeships with PWC. I can't say how they are as I haven't done one myself, I can give you some more information about PWC if that helps!

Over the past four years PwC has quadrupled its recruitment of school-leavers. The firm recruited 165 school- leavers in 2015, the majority joining PwC’s higher-apprenticeship scheme to work in tax, consulting, assurance or deals. The starting salary for PwC apprentices in London is about £20,000, compared with £28,000 for graduates. Once they have qualified, there is no distinction between the apprentices and the 1,500 graduates the firm hires each year — and no limits on how far they can progress.

PwC’s higher apprentices need at least the equivalent of three Cs at A level (240 Ucas points) to work in tax and slightly higher (280 Ucas points) to work in consulting, assurance or deals. They have the potential to qualify four years after joining the company — faster than the graduates, who spend three years at university, followed by three years of work and study.

You can read more about PWC here: http://advice.milkround.com/get-on-t...urs-fast-track

Also, check out all the PWC jobs here: http://www.milkround.com/searchjobs/...e&CountryCode=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milkround)
    Hey there,

Do you know exactly what you want your apprenticeship to be on and where?

Milkround have loads of apprenticeships with PWC. I can't say how they are as I haven't done one myself, I can give you some more information about PWC if that helps!

Over the past four years PwC has quadrupled its recruitment of school-leavers. The firm recruited 165 school- leavers in 2015, the majority joining PwC’s higher-apprenticeship scheme to work in tax, consulting, assurance or deals. The starting salary for PwC apprentices in London is about £20,000, compared with £28,000 for graduates. Once they have qualified, there is no distinction between the apprentices and the 1,500 graduates the firm hires each year — and no limits on how far they can progress.

PwC’s higher apprentices need at least the equivalent of three Cs at A level (240 Ucas points) to work in tax and slightly higher (280 Ucas points) to work in consulting, assurance or deals. They have the potential to qualify four years after joining the company — faster than the graduates, who spend three years at university, followed by three years of work and study.

You can read more about PWC here: http://advice.milkround.com/get-on-t...urs-fast-track

Also, check out all the PWC jobs here: http://www.milkround.com/searchjobs/...e&CountryCode=
    Thanks very much for your help.

Ideally I'm looking for the 'deals' side of things!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Apprenticeship zone:

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Zone

All you need to know about higher and degree apprenticeships.

GIGF logo

Meet the apprentices

Read these case studies from real apprentices to hear the truth about what it's like!

GIGF logo

Apprenticeship Vacancies

Find the latest higher and degree apprenticeship opportunities.

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick links:

Unanswered apprenticeships and alternatives to university threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.