Omg I Am Screwed What The Hell Am I Going To Do About My Results!! Watch

ME_AGAIN
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Everyone talking about the results coming out has made me feel like such a plank.......I am in a position where I did not revise properly for my A-levels..the longest I did for a subject was 2 weeks and that was chemistry....I regret it bad cause I know I would have been capable of doing better also the fact that I knew that I could retake..I took advantage and messed about AND DAMN LOOK AT ME NOW..........!!...are any of you in the same position...actually your probably not.....no ones a bigger plank than me!!
brown
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
THINK OPTIMISTICALLY
Lucyatthegym
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2 weeks.. That's a lot isn't it? Better than me.. I did no more than 2 hours the morning of the exam for any of my subjects.

But, lol.. Calm down. If you're like this now, you'll be taken into hospital on august the 15th.
adrenaline1989
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Fact is, people either understand the work throughout the year, then revise in the last week or so,then thats considered acceptable, as you're basically recapping all the information.

If you're genuinly confused on the topic, then have a look through in the last 2 weeks, it's all new, then the panick starts to kick in.

That happened to me at GCSE, and fortunately, I didn't allow it to happen at AS.
Fire Star
Report 11 years ago
im a bigger plank than you -.-
shatteredmedic
Report 11 years ago
:ditto:
i think im probably the biggest one here, coz ive dun it twice!
Modgem
Report 11 years ago
Don't worry about it, there is nothing you can do about it now. Just sit tight, force yourself not think about results day (not coming on TSR may help to do that) and when the 16th does come around just be calm and sort things out. Things like this often do have a funny way of sorting themselves out. In a few years time you will be saying, what was i worrying about!!!!!!
Kennychan222
Report 11 years ago
Prepare yourself whether you have the best results. And Plan what you should do if you get the result well or bad. And you just wait and pray if you are Catholic or Christian.
yellow96
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's more revision than I did, and I need AAB. Oh well.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 11 years ago
Just try and forget about it you may have done well
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2 weeks isn't that bad really, and sometimes people who revise less actually do better than those who revise more if they've worked harder during the year or they're just better at the subject, so you might be surprised. There's nothing you can do it about now anyway, so you might as well relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. At least you can learn from your mistakes, and because you said you know you can resit, I'm assuming you've just done your AS levels? If so, you just convince your teachers to predict you good grades, resit some modules in January and turn it around by working extra hard next year. Lots of people have done that.
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Kennychan222)
Prepare yourself whether you have the best results. And Plan what you should do if you get the result well or bad. And you just wait and pray if you are Catholic or Christian.

:rolleyes: Catholics are Christians.
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GUNNER4JAY)
Everyone talking about the results coming out has made me feel like such a plank.......I am in a position where I did not revise properly for my A-levels..the longest I did for a subject was 2 weeks and that was chemistry....I regret it bad cause I know I would have been capable of doing better also the fact that I knew that I could retake..I took advantage and messed about AND DAMN LOOK AT ME NOW..........!!...are any of you in the same position...actually your probably not.....no ones a bigger plank than me!!

Did you actually find your exams hard? If not..don't worry about it, we are our own worst critics, probz did better than you expected. It could all work out in the end.
liz123123
Report 11 years ago
I know Im sooooo worried too, as worried as you. We had January exams Im guessing you didnt.. I did exactly what you did...and I still don't think Ive made up for it... sooo nervous I can't tell you.

What you should do is just get them and begin to revise..that's what Im gonna do. May get a tutor too. Don't worry you still have a chance to change things by resitting.
dilgoran
Report 11 years ago
hey, I think the best would be to start revising stuff now itself, so in case if you haven't done well, to resit and do it well next time. Never give up buddy.
<(+_+)>
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I revised for my Chemistry exam, the night before.
smoothie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
2 weeks on ONE subject? That's more than fine I'd say.
Sweet-Euphoria
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Rofl. I started chemistry 2 days before-hand. I totally underestimated the content. There's like a good 3 months revision needed for an A ^^
deutschsweetie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i started chemistry 1 DAY beforehand hahahaa!
Greenmile
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I did 4 hours revision for a Biology exam in January and got a U. I'm hoping to have done better this time!!

Basically, you won't know how you've done until the results are in your hand, so try not to worry. I also did not do enough revision, and think I have done really badly, but I praying the grade boundaries will be lower so it won't be as bad as I think. But I am trying to forget it until the 16th. (At which point I shall dissolve into a bubbling mass of hysterics at my terrible grades).
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?