Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm new to these forums but they seem great! I'm just looking for some advice on A-Level computing.

Unfortunately, I live in a rural area with very few sixth forms around, and the only sixth form that is possible for me to attend does not offer computer science as an A-Level due to a lack of resources. However, the school has agreed to enter me into to the exams and supervise me while I do the controlled assessment, but they cannot offer me a teacher.

I'm good at programming and computing in general and got an A* at GCSE (OCR), however, I'm pretty nervous about having the right material to study for my A-Level since I have no teacher to direct me.

Do you have any advice? Such as, recommended exam board, books, resources, project ideas e.t.c.
    Thank You Very Much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjafishleg)
    Heya, I'm new to these forums but they seem great! I'm just looking for some advice on A-Level computing.

Unfortunately, I live in a rural area with very few sixth forms around, and the only sixth form that is possible for me to attend does not offer computer science as an A-Level due to a lack of resources. However, the school has agreed to enter me into to the exams and supervise me while I do the controlled assessment, but they cannot offer me a teacher.

I'm good at programming and computing in general and got an A* at GCSE (OCR), however, I'm pretty nervous about having the right material to study for my A-Level since I have no teacher to direct me.

Do you have any advice? Such as, recommended exam board, books, resources, project ideas e.t.c.
    Thank You Very Much!
    I'd recommend:
    Exam board: AQA
    Programming language: Java
    Some books:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Revision-No...mputer+science

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-level-C...mputer+science

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.