Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I have just been made aware of the existence of 'No More Tea Bags', or tea in a spray can. As something of a tea connoisseur, I'm still trying to process this information. :indiff:

The proof of the tea is in the drinking, I guess, and I'll try anything once. But has anyone else seen/tried this stuff? Or if not, what are your immediate reactions? Innovation, or a step too far?

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I have just been made aware of the existence of 'No More Tea Bags', or tea in a spray can. As something of a tea connoisseur, I'm still trying to process this information. :indiff:

The proof of the tea is in the drinking, I guess, and I'll try anything once. But has anyone else seen/tried this stuff? Or if not, what are your immediate reactions? Innovation, or a step too far?
    But why though? Why are they making it like we live in Wall-E times? These Air Pods and spray can tea...we are going backwards people!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    But why though? Why are they making it like we live in Wall-E times? These Air Pods and spray can tea...we are going backwards people!
    Their main selling point seems to be 'less messy tea bags', but from an environmental point of view, surely the cans produce more waste than a few biodegradable bags (even less if it's loose leaf)?

Greater control over strength might be good, but I've gotten that down to a fine art over the years anyway.

Their main selling point seems to be 'less messy tea bags', but from an environmental point of view, surely the cans produce more waste than a few biodegradable bags (even less if it's loose leaf)?

Greater control over strength might be good, but I've gotten that down to a fine art over the years anyway.
    So you spray it into boiling water? Honestly, it seems pretty strange, like a rejected Dragon's Den pitch...

That being said, I'm a coffee person...maybe spray can coffee :curious:

ReputationRep:

Seen it but it was like five quid so I didn't bother buying it lol. It's going to need to taste really good or else it'll fall flat on it's face for making a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Quite a large percentage of the tea market tend to have an absolute firm favourite brand of tea bags and I don't see those customers moving to aerosol tea, especially with the £5 price tag.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by james652)
    Seen it but it was like five quid so I didn't bother buying it lol. It's going to need to taste really good or else it'll fall flat on it's face for making a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Quite a large percentage of the tea market tend to have an absolute firm favourite brand of tea bags and I don't see those customers moving to aerosol tea, especially with the £5 price tag.
    The price is the main turnoff for me as well. I'm curious enough to try it once, but I could get some really great tea from Adagio for £5 that would almost certainly give me more than 20 cups.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.