The Student Room Group

Kicked out of uni, reapplying again? Help!

Hello all. I have been given a fail and withdraw from my course due to not passing some of the exams. This was my first year at uni aswell. I've made a new ucas application form and intend to apply for the same course at the same uni again, so basically through clearing. What are the chances of being accepted again? I will avoid mentioning that I was already a student at the uni.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why not go to a different uni?
If they kicked you in the first place, they probably don't want you there.
Original post by F000S
Hello all. I have been given a fail and withdraw from my course due to not passing some of the exams. This was my first year at uni aswell. I've made a new ucas application form and intend to apply for the same course at the same uni again, so basically through clearing. What are the chances of being accepted again? I will avoid mentioning that I was already a student at the uni.

They kicked you out, so they most likely won't accept you again - if they did want you, they would've let you resit. Just because you'll avoid directly mentioning that you were a student there doesn't mean they won't find out - they would. It would be a completely wasted application, so consider applying to other universities instead.
Apply to other universities, what's the point in applying to a university that kicked you out?
Reply 4
Reason being is this university is the closest uni to me only about a 20 min bus ride. Other Universities will take approx an hour by bus and maybe a train too it's a bit of headache and also don't want my parents to find out too...
Reply 5
If you don't mind me asking, how many exams did you sit and how many did you fail?
Reply 6
6 modules in total. Passed 3 and failed 3
Reply 7
Original post by F000S

I would've expect them to give you repeat level decision. I'd suggest you appeal the decision rather than reapplying. Try explaining them your poor grades and ask them for another chance.
Original post by F000S

Original post by F000S

I remember you from an old thread in which you admitted copying and pasting vast chunks of your EPQ. I find it hugely ironic that I was attacked on that thread for critcising you. And now this, which wasn't perhaps overly hard to predict.

Given the above and your first-year results, I would suggest that you don't reapply to the same university and also that you need to consider whether you are on the right path.
Reply 9
I would suggest you take a year out and work, decide what you want to do with your future in regards to university. You've already used up one year of student finance. Considering you've failed 3 modules, maybe you didn't like the subject you were studying?
Original post by F000S
I will avoid mentioning that I was already a student at the uni.

You know they have a system that they search which will show you're a current student right?... and your lecturers will know who you are..
Reply 11
Original post by F000S

No chance. You will be on their records, so they will see your name, and will be able to check. Close the door on it as another chapter of your life that has passed. Why not take a year out and see if you still want to study the same course etc?
Reply 12
I remember you too... Still having a go at people? And could you clarify at what you mean by the right path?
Reply 13
I had resits too but they did not go so well due to extenuating circumstances.
Original post by F000S
I remember you too... Still having a go at people? And could you clarify at what you mean by the right path?

Right course and possibly right uni.

I dropped out of uni after failing one module. Part way through the year, decided the course wasn't for me.

You do need to decide whether the course and the uni are right for you. As mentioned, you've got a limited number of years student finance will fund you for.
Original post by F000S

Only those who cheat academically and think that it's a) acceptable and b) amusing.

Are you really capable of getting a decent degree? Or do your talents lay outside university?

And are you seriously going to lie to your parents about your situation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by F000S
Reason being is this university is the closest uni to me only about a 20 min bus ride. Other Universities will take approx an hour by bus and maybe a train too it's a bit of headache and also don't want my parents to find out too...
did you go aston university?
"Don't want my parents to find out". I'm assuming that you're living under their roof whilst you're at university. They probably should know about this...
Reply 18
Original post by F000S

Thus far: cheated, failed, lied to parents.

Plan: lie to university.

Seriously, you're doing it wrong. Man up, fess up and take a year out to get your head sorted. As you should by now have figured out, your way of doing things isn't going to cut it in the real world.
Reply 19
Original post by Ishax
I would suggest you take a year out and work, decide what you want to do with your future in regards to university. You've already used up one year of student finance. Considering you've failed 3 modules, maybe you didn't like the subject you were studying?

How many more years will student finance fund me for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending