Turn on thread page Beta

3 A-Levels and a BTEC Extended Diploma watch

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask whether Universities, Bristol University to be specific would take into account 3 A-Levels and a BTEC equivalent to 3 A-Levels as I am doing them both, and I have finished the BTEC with 3 Passes which equal up to 120 UCAS Points (One Grade A at A-Level). Would Bristol or any Russell Group University take the BTEC into account for a Law Degree.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I cannot speak on behalf of the university, however :
    Is your BTEC related to law ?
    Have you checked the entry requirements for a law course ?
    Have you contacted the university to check ?
    Undergraduate Admissions OfficeHoward House
    Queens Avenue
    Bristol
    BS8 1SN
    Telephone: +44 (0) 117 39 41649
    Email: [email protected]

As for other Russell Groups, I'm almost certain they wont accept you with PassPassPass in a extended diploma for law as this is "equivalent" to CCC at A-Level, which is generally below their entry requirements. Its worth checking ucas, looking around univeristy websites for entry requirements and contacting them directly to see whether it would be possible.

All the best,
    Lee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lee1999wright)
    Hello,
    I cannot speak on behalf of the university, however :
    Is your BTEC related to law ?
    Have you checked the entry requirements for a law course ?
    Have you contacted the university to check ?
    Undergraduate Admissions OfficeHoward House
    Queens Avenue
    Bristol
    BS8 1SN
    Telephone: +44 (0) 117 39 41649
    Email: [email protected]

As for other Russell Groups, I'm almost certain they wont accept you with PassPassPass in a extended diploma for law as this is "equivalent" to CCC at A-Level, which is generally below their entry requirements. Its worth checking ucas, looking around univeristy websites for entry requirements and contacting them directly to see whether it would be possible.

All the best,
    Lee
    I think either I have written the statement wrong. I am currently studying A Levels and I am in my second year of Sixth Form. I am studying A2 Economics, Media Studies and History. On top of that, this year (AS) I have completed my AS exams for those subjects as well as a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in I.T and achieved PassPassPass. This is equivalent to One A grade at A level. On top of that I have my other A2 subjects which I still need to finish. My question was whether Universities would consider that A and take it into account as one of the offered grades and If I achieve a predicted of ABB would this be enough to calculate to AAA that they require. Please ask me to clarify if this is still confusing. Thank-You.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.