ReputationRep:
    I've lost a little glowing friend who never let me down

I don't know what to do with my hands anymore

Mornings are dull without coffee & cigarettes

I feel I don't deserve to have a beard any longer

My focus has gone without those smoky little energy sticks

Is vaping any good?

ReputationRep:
    you survived before smoking, you'll survive after as well. wait a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    I feel like vaping can actually be a lot lot worse in terms of nicotine addiction, as you're sucking on the damned thing 24/7 whereas you only smokes x amount of cigarettes per day. Tbh I think the best thing to do is just let it go completely, I know it's hard but the vape route isn't one decent human beings go down. Failing letting go, you could always keep the ciggies up, I certainly don't plan to quit smoking for a few years yet but you seem to be quite a few years older than me, in light of the fact you are currently a phD student. In all seriousness, if you are concerned about your health and want to quit then the best thing is to just give up nicotine entirely, there will come a time when you no longer miss it and are satisfied and happy in the mornings again sans cigarette. Good luck with quitting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    Yeah I told myself I'd quit when I'm 25 so here I am, cig-free for a month. Main thing I miss is the focus. I used to smoke while reading/writing and it kept me awake and alert. Now I get early nights and wake up to sickly fresh air like a healthy person. Next I'll be making wheatgrass smoothies and jogging to the library with a man bun. Maybe the correct argument is that I will fail my PhD if I don't continue to smoke...? Yes, yes... that's it... I'm just thinking about my education you see.

Isn't vaping less harmful though? Give me some hope here?
    yeah I think it is - though not entirely safe I believe? Are you sure you want to commit to the vape life tho? If I where to quit, I think I would most miss breaking up intense study sessions with cigarettes - always the time that I most appreciated them. Also once I get a few drinks down I start chain smoking like it's the 1950's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    yeah I think it is - though not entirely safe I believe? Are you sure you want to commit to the vape life tho? If I where to quit, I think I would most miss breaking up intense study sessions with cigarettes - always the time that I most appreciated them. Also once I get a few drinks down I start chain smoking like it's the 1950's
    The good old steam engine at the pub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macromicro)
    I've lost a little glowing friend who never let me down
    Never lets you down, until it gives you lung cancer and causes you to have a heart attack.

Well done on giving up though and don't vape as you'll look stupid. Might as well keep smoking.

ReputationRep:
    lol that was like a sad little poem.

Tbh I don't know why anyone says anything bad about vaping, it is a million times better than smoking -

-NHS and all major studies show it to be 95%+ less harmful than cigs
    -can smoke in pubs, aeroplanes, cinema, you name it
    -no bad smell
    -doesn't stain teeth/fingers or age you
    -don't need a lighter
    -much, much, much cheaper
    -customise flavours
    -customise nicotine strength
    -customise vape cloud
    -it's more of a 'hobby' with a community

get on the vape train buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    yeah I think it is - though not entirely safe I believe?
    Nothing is entirely safe; there's risk factors is doing anything, but vaping is far safer than smoking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's much more difficult to quit smoking. Because lot's of alternative methods has established already. Even I have heard about vaping which is alternative to smoking. And I have seen my friend who is fully back him from smoking simply following the different methods. You can try for it though. Here is a helpful method you can simply try https://www.blacknote.com/e-juice-sample-pack/

Hope that help!

You need to be strong now boy. Just know if you're ever tempted to pick up a fag especially if your day has been **** then you may have 1 minute of pleasure but you will have to start the whole process of never smoking again.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.