x Turn on thread page Beta
Making friends at Sixth Form watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by Juedjegfewo; 31-10-2016 at 14:04.
- 09-09-2016 21:34
- 09-09-2016 21:54
Firstly I would to say, I really do understand the situation you are in as it happened to me. Moved away from secondary school and no matter how much I tried at the start of sixth form, people seemed to already be in their groups and that was it.
However, I am in my A2 year now and things have changed.
You need to make the first step.
Despite what people think, rather than just walking into the common room saying hi to a group of people and hoping they'll accept you you need to develop a plan.
1) Find someone in your class who is in your desired social group
2) Speak to that person, be super friendly.
3) Find someone in another class who is in the same social group
4) Speak to that person, be super friendly.
5) These two will then hopefully speak about you in the next few days
6) Then, walk with who ever you now know better into the.... common room
7) Hope they'll let you sit with their group, you've made it, you are in !
8) The next day, bring your best friend over.
10) If step 7 fails, try over.
From personal experience. Trial and error. Seriously though, things can only get better.
All the best,