The smarter you are, the less sex you have Watch

kashmir.noir
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
What rubbish?
Are you serious? You honestly think that.
Please be kidding me thats complete rubbish.
Im pretty smart.
And ugh.

Lol.
$am0th
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kashmir.noir)
What rubbish?
Are you serious? You honestly think that.
Please be kidding me thats complete rubbish.
Im pretty smart.
And ugh.

Lol.
but, you are well and truly hot, which helps alot
hermaphrodite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Im pretty smart.

Lol.
I'm sure you are.
Mr Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hermaphrodite)
I'm sure you are.
Even the best of us make punctuation errors, especially when typing.
kashmir.noir
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sure you are.
Give me a break. You are ridiculous. And really bored.
Guess what smart ass, Im bored too.

820 posts later , . . . .we there yet . . whats the answer . . . a simple yes or no please
Atleast I dont type like that. And then have the balls to comment on the way someone else types.

(Original post by Mr Ben)
Even the best of us make punctuation errors, especially when typing.
I agree I dont proof read my writing. Watch that ass will complain I left out the ' in dont. (I checked this time on purpose to annoy him)

(Original post by $am0th)
but, you are well and truly hot, which helps alot
Hahaha. Thank you. But nonetheless, I know some really smart people who bonk alot. Especially people from Yale. They seem to be really horny. Oh Upenn too!

That title is such a pathetic statement. Honestly, I believe the increasingly book smart / street smart you are, the more ass you get, because you are smart about it!!
Schroedinger's Pandora
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Judging by this logic, I must be a genious.
kashmir.noir
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Silkiest)
Judging by this logic, I must be a genious.
Okay, is that picture you?
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It is just a correlation! NOT fact. You shouldn’t misinterpret correlations, it takes 2 factors and compare them, it does not however, take other factors. Reliability of data collected, as an example, less intelligent people often feel more insecure than intelligent and therefore more likely to lie about their sex life, due to peer pressure etc

However, intelligent people often are more socially inept and less likely to form close relationships. Saying that, intelligent people jus shag eachother haha
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Richy_Boi)
And, let's be honest when you get to University, everyone has sex
Now who's generalising

I think this is pretty believable. Yeah there's a lot of people pointing out how it "couldn't be true" because they are smart and they get laid. But it's not in any way claiming that smart people cannot get laid. Just that on average, smarter people get less sex than people with average intelligence. Which is hardly surprising. For one thing there are a small number of people who are intelligent and dedicate nearly all their time to their studies, hence not much sex. Plus people with lacking social skills tend to be either a bit dumb or quite bright academically speaking.

I do find it funny that computer scientists actually get laid more than most other subjects Wish I could confirm that though.
loopymeg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Psyk)
I do find it funny that computer scientists actually get laid more than most other subjects Wish I could confirm that though.
:proud:
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Being smart is a good thing. So long as you don't come across as a geek or a nerd, and you are subtle with your intelligence, I don't think it would stop you getting action
$am0th
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hahaha. Thank you. But nonetheless, I know some really smart people who bonk alot. Especially people from Yale. They seem to be really horny. Oh Upenn too!

That title is such a pathetic statement. Honestly, I believe the increasingly book smart / street smart you are, the more ass you get, because you are smart about it!!
hmm, and no wonder going to US seemed appealing

and if your bottom statement was true, i may be smartish but i deffo can never say the right things
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Speaking from experience
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, thats a point. Some people are more intelligent in a social sense, they must get more action
Robob
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:rofl:

Some of those figures are ridiculous, 82% of maths grads from MIT are virgins

That has got to be wrong, surely.
TRB
Report 11 years ago
Most people on TSR are smarter than average, there are loads threads a month saying "20yr old virgin'' etc
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Perhaps surprisingly, I have a high IQ. I'm also one of the few 20 year olds who is proud to be a virgin and actually wouldn't have it any other way. Though I prefer to not come across as someone who is intelligent but I would choose other methods rather than sex.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I thought that was obvious. If you have a higher IQ, you are more likely to spend your free time studying since you have less luck with women.
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dude)
I thought that was obvious. If you have a higher IQ, you are more likely to spend your free time studying since you have less luck with women.
That's only one reason. I do pretty well academically but I spend quite a bit less time studying than most people around me. I don't have any luck with women because for what I have in academic ability, I lack in pulling power.
kashmir.noir
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by $am0th)
hmm, and no wonder going to US seemed appealing

and if your bottom statement was true, i may be smartish but i deffo can never say the right things
I dont think its about saying the right things. Its about the vibe you give off.
I used to be a fumbling 'mop' as I said somewhere before when it came to relationships and sex. But I developed a style in both. Lol. So I'm good now. It only takes practice, just as acing any paper does. Same theories. Answering a particular question, with a diff mark scheme is like dealing with a particular person with a diff mind set.
Come on.
Someone please agree with me that this is to big of a generalisation.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (167)
18.66%
No (543)
60.67%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed