Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashmir.noir)
    I dont think its about saying the right things. Its about the vibe you give off.
    I used to be a fumbling 'mop' as I said somewhere before when it came to relationships and sex. But I developed a style in both. Lol. So I'm good now. It only takes practice, just as acing any paper does. Same theories. Answering a particular question, with a diff mark scheme is like dealing with a particular person with a diff mind set.
    Come on.
    Someone please agree with me that this is to big of a generalisation.
    oki, i agree that its a generalisation

its not that i dont have confidence etc, just most girls i end up talking to would rather be my friend rather then anything else.. plus it really dont help im not much of a good looker, but i wear good clothes etc..

ReputationRep:
    I bet it's true for guys, but not as much for girls. Most of my girlfriends are highly sexed and smart, my guy friends are neither lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rugger Bugger)
    Most people on TSR are smarter than average, there are loads threads a month saying "20yr old virgin'' etc
    Although, judging from the rest of the content on 'H&R', I'm fast beginning to think the latter is perhaps the only way that you might infer the former.

ReputationRep:
    this is god damn hoebag. it comes down to what girl you want. if you want a pair of tits that cant spell litigation (i dont even know if i can, but thats not the point....meh) then being thick probably does you favours. If the girl actually has anything about her, like being a big city banker ****** or something, then you need intelligence full stop just to talk.

intelligent girls get loose when you get them loaded on wine too, so awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    this is god damn hoebag. it comes down to what girl you want. if you want a pair of tits that cant spell litigation (i dont even know if i can, but thats not the point....meh) then being thick probably does you favours. If the girl actually has anything about her, like being a big city banker ****** or something, then you need intelligence full stop just to talk.

intelligent girls get loose when you get them loaded on wine too, so awesome.
    eeew wine lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dilgoran)
    Smart guys are only interested in their grades. Pretty obvious
    bull****! really smart people are interested in successful social interaction; getting grades is far too easy I am pretty smart and did good in gcses and A levels without too much effort - i find myself to be socially retarded, shy etc etc, so i spend more time trying to find out why on earth i have no luck with women:confused: - as for sex this comes with the 'socialness' of a person. I am not a socialite so never have had a gf or sex, whereas a lot of people at oxford, where i was studying, were really smart and got laid a few times a week - so i disagree that the smarter you are the less you get laid. Maybe this is an issue for people at imperial college london :rolleyes:

P

ReputationRep:
    I must be either a ****ing genius or the offspring of a village idiot and a TV weathergirl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I thought that was obvious. If you have a higher IQ, you are more likely to spend your free time studying since you have less luck with women.
    That's ridiculous. I have an IQ(absurd measure of intelligence, IMO) of 149 and I have never spent lots of time studying, lost my virginity at 14 (lol) and have held down a few relationships. I spent my time at school/uni & home playing footy, riding bicycles and having fun. It tends to be the less intelligent ones that need to have their face in a book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy_Boi)
    That's ridiculous. I have an IQ(absurd measure of intelligence, IMO) of 149 and I have never spent lots of time studying, lost my virginity at 14 (lol) and have held down a few relationships. I spent my time at school/uni & home playing footy, riding bicycles and having fun. It tends to be the less intelligent ones that need to have their face in a book.
    There we go.
    That sounds more like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    That's only one reason. I do pretty well academically but I spend quite a bit less time studying than most people around me.
    :dito: Even though people who do crap on tests don't believe it, I don't bother revising because I don't need to (and I can't be arsed :p:). Same for most of the smartest people I know. One of my friends though spends ridiculous amounts of time revising but still doesn't manage to do as well. I think she'd do better if she relaxed a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I have an IQ over 130, and lost my virginity aged 15. I have had two serious boyfriends, on short term boyfriend and one ****buddy. And those are just the ones I have slept with. When I was 12-13, I was semi-sexually engaged with someone (semi-nakedness, kissing, rubbing etc). I had my first intimately sexual experience aged 9. I currently have a boyfriend I am deeply serious about, and I have sex most days that I am with him, occasionally multiple times a day. His IQ is also probably over 130, as he is going to the same university as me and got the same A Level grades that I did. He thinks we don't have sex enough =P

But then again, I am a philosopher. Apparently we are quite a horny lot.

ReputationRep:
    Its a very subjective claim, if you are clever you get no slam. Some clever people are clever because tey spend too much time reading/studying which leads them to rely on their intellect and they become socially clipped in which case they achieve little unless they find someone as similarly pathetic.

On the other hand you have people who CHOOSE to have less sex because they are intelligent enough to realise bonking dozens of cheap slutty girls will avail them nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meliae)
    :dito: Even though people who do crap on tests don't believe it, I don't bother revising because I don't need to (and I can't be arsed :p:). Same for most of the smartest people I know. One of my friends though spends ridiculous amounts of time revising but still doesn't manage to do as well. I think she'd do better if she relaxed a bit.
    Yeah, I never spent the time revising. I didn't really revise at all for my A-levels. And when I tried to revise for my January exams at uni I fell asleep as soon as I opened my notes (but admittedly I failed those exams).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashmir.noir)
    Okay, is that picture you?
    Aye.

My boyfriend doesn't sex me, it's as though we've been married for 20 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
    I have an IQ over 130, and lost my virginity aged 15. I have had two serious boyfriends, on short term boyfriend and one ****buddy. And those are just the ones I have slept with. When I was 12-13, I was semi-sexually engaged with someone (semi-nakedness, kissing, rubbing etc). I had my first intimately sexual experience aged 9. I currently have a boyfriend I am deeply serious about, and I have sex most days that I am with him, occasionally multiple times a day. His IQ is also probably over 130, as he is going to the same university as me and got the same A Level grades that I did. He thinks we don't have sex enough =P

Readers, return next week for the continuation of the sizzling hot Smokie Dragon's sexual exploits as she plumbs the depths of carnal knowledge to educate you in sexual survival! All in next week's, um... Cosmo?

ReputationRep:
    my iq is 450 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Well the generalisation might be true that more intelligent people get less sex (it wouldn't surprise me), but I'll bet intelligent people have far better partners than stupid people. I imagine you'll find most thick men just want to **** anything that's got a pair of tits.

Regardless of whether intelligent people get more or less sex, I do not think it is at all true to claim that intelligent people are less interested in sexuality. The idea that they don't have sex because they're spending their time studying instead is just laughable.

ReputationRep:
    I must be... super genius then? @[email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Well the generalisation might be true that more intelligent people get less sex (it wouldn't surprise me), but I'll bet intelligent people have far better partners than stupid people. I imagine you'll find most thick men just want to **** anything that's got a pair of tits.
    Agreed. Personally I'm rather selective when it comes to the opposite sex in that I don't go near anyone who's ugly or stupid. This instantly discounts a large proportion of the females at my university and therefore means I have a smaller pool to work with and will no doubt statistically have less sex than Joe Bloggs who is happy to fish the whole pond, taking whatever comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schmokie Dragon)

How do you know yo have an IQ of 'over 130'. Why are you boasting about being sexually active what do you want a medle? The article was about men so your post was largely a waste of time.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.