The smarter you are, the less sex you have Watch

Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
UK has higher teenage pregnancy rates i think. More of America is religious, but i dont think that translates into Catholic teenagers being less filthy than their religiously apathetic counterparts.

I agree that in the big picture we're all going to die ect, but i still want to see how high I can get. I just dont see how wanting to be the best automatically gets coupled with stress. Fair enough, i probably havent really felt what proper stress is like yet, but I think most of the time a situation is only as stressful/high stakes as you want it to be.

cheers for the best wishes. Getting the wind up a bit now! I'll hang my head in shame for years if i miss my offer :|
Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Crimson Black)
Readers, return next week for the continuation of the sizzling hot Smokie Dragon's sexual exploits as she plumbs the depths of carnal knowledge to educate you in sexual survival! All in next week's, um... Cosmo?
I was simply demonstrating that the article does not apply in this case.

I'm sure a fair number of people here are a) more intelligent than me and b) have had a lot more sex than me. Hardly a thrilling read.

(P.S, the bit about when I was 9 . . . I didn't really know what I was getting up to, I just knew it was fun . . .)

(Original post by Guy Secretan)
How do you know yo have an IQ of 'over 130'. Why are you boasting about being sexually active what do you want a medal? Three As in english, politics and history is pretty average and doesn't really show brightness. The article was actually about men so your post was largely a waste of time.
Because I went to see an educational psychologist, and have done about 10 IQ tests, including ones for MENSA (and yes, MENSA is full of stuck up ****s with no common sense). Thats how I know.

It was hardly a boast, as I have just stated. If I was boasting, I would have said "ha ha, I'm way cool, look how many blokes I have banged". Which I didn't do. The article made a series of claims about the sexual exploits of teenagers, with particular regard to their IQ, and I simply stated my experiences in this matter and demonstrated how I was an exception to it. I notice a number of other people posted their sexual experience and their IQ, but I don't see you being rude to them?

As for my A Level grades not showing brightness, I would beg to differ. I do not believe that a majority of people in the UK could gain the marks I did. In an age when there are reports of entire schools where no-one gets above a C, and where 16 year olds can't construct basic sentances correctly, I think getting AAB at A Level is still fairly good going. Especially given that at the time I was suicidaly depressed and did no revision.

I'll admit I may have overlooked a passage in the article that said "this is only about men". But the rest of what you said was bull****. Back off.
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
I was simply demonstrating that the article does not apply in this case.

I'm sure a fair number of people here are a) more intelligent than me and b) have had a lot more sex than me. Hardly a thrilling read.

(P.S, the bit about when I was 9 . . . I didn't really know what I was getting up to, I just knew it was fun . . .)
I know, I know, I wasn't being serious at all. I just thought it read like a sex column in some woman's mag. Plus, everyone likes reading about sex. If you're not having it, you're watching it. If you're not watching it, you're reading about it. If you're not reading about it, you're complaining you're not getting any. If you're complaining about not getting any, then... it's time to get off your arse and find some.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lol. Sorry about sounding snappy then =) I was just kinda expecting some rude replies, so took yours the wrong way.
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well fair enough on the mensa thing but its still nothing special to gain three As in arts subjects.
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hard as it might be for you all to believe, you don't know enough people to be even close to significant enough to prove or disprove this theory.. not to mention the fact that the study was carried out in the States where the culture is very different to over here. I personally wouldn't be surprised if the same is true on this side of the pond aswell but I can't imagine anyone commissioning such a study here as it would be too embarrassing to have to publish the percentage of 12 year olds who are sexually active (whether they are brainy or not)!!!
Psyk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chumbaniya hinted at this, but perhaps more intelligent people tend to seek quality rather than quantity.
sweet_fluffy_nuke
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Dulac84)
I agree - laziness is the way forward - laziness within reason...like revising for exams a week before they are due - that sort of thing works quite well for me
Works well ?
I thought that they expelled you from Oxford since you had abyssmal marks in your first year exams ....
That must have hurt...
grace
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no one ever has sex.

it's a myth.
Richy_Boi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I can't see how people are justified upon ganging up on Smokie Dragon. Meh, it's the internet. Scared of liberated women perhaps? :P

To be honest, don't you think that a lot of you consider yourselves intelligent, yet it's a mask for being average in life...
Duran Duran
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well fair enough on the mensa thing but its still nothing special to gain three As in arts subjects.
Oooh. Nice one!
Knotty
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Good find, now I have an excuse..

Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
As for my A Level grades not showing brightness, I would beg to differ. I do not believe that a majority of people in the UK could gain the marks I did. In an age when there are reports of entire schools where no-one gets above a C, and where 16 year olds can't construct basic sentances correctly, I think getting AAB at A Level is still fairly good going. Especially given that at the time I was suicidaly depressed and did no revision.

I'll admit I may have overlooked a passage in the article that said "this is only about men". But the rest of what you said was bull****. Back off.
I concur. Well, not with the "suicidally depressed" part; but otherwise.

(I'd like to see how many of you can score at least 555/600 in English Literature with no revision, no homework and virtually no attendance; or 86% for a History coursework, likewise neglected in addition to having been written entirely on the day that it was due with neither research nor prior draft.)

Still; I'm biased, so nevermind. It took me far too long to realise that my life began years ago, that I don't give a **** for education, and that being inherently gifted at something does not equate to enjoyment of it (at least, not in a manner conducive to academia or any subsequent career).
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Consie)
is it just me, or do really high IQ people tend to do no work at all and get away with winging it? Its more mediumly intelligent people who work their arses off to get the top that would fit in more with this (dumb) generalisation.

Most uber clever people I know do **** all and are slightly off the rails in terms of getting hammered/taking drugs/being sex addicts. They just know when to cram.
Good posting.
Crimson Black
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:rofl: You've evidently never studied humanities to A-level and beyond, no offence. It's nothing truly special to get AAA(A/a) in any subjects, but it is an achievement.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Er, I did A level history which in comparison to my other science subjects was incredibly light in content. I got a B at AS despite only doing four hours of learing the night before. A levels these days are ridiculous in their rigour giving people the idea that they are clever when they are probably just average. One in four people get an A, this includes all the ******* and people who went to crap schools.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
why are people being proud of their laziness? Im badly lazy, but id love not to be. Id love to be able to get up before noon man.
Richy_Boi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've accepted that unless there's money involved, I will be lazy. In fact I'm not lazy, I just sleep at stupid hours. Hence, I'd say I have a lack of self control.

I got a B at AS despite only doing four hours of learing the night before.
You didn't get an A, hence it was hardly 'easy' eh?
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So would I, I regret being lazy but my point was that A level History, Politics etc aren't very hard.
Guy Secretan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Richy_Boi)
I've accepted that unless there's money involved, I will be lazy. In fact I'm not lazy, I just sleep at stupid hours. Hence, I'd say I have a lack of self control.

You didn't get an A, hence it was hardly 'easy' eh?
Yeah but four hours for the whole A level plus I had five modules that day which was solid exams by the time I got to History I was pretty tired and just wanted to go home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.9%
No (385)
72.1%

Watched Threads