Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Working at Screwfix watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So today I handed in my CV to the local Screwfix store, the manager has invited me to an interview next week and i accepted. What sort of things shall i expect?
    Im quitting my old job because its a pile of S***. Anyone know if its a good place to work?

ReputationRep:
    It depends who you work with its the people that make places like that but generally screwfix is a good employer, they don't overwork you at all and there's lots of good banter with the customers. Good discount at screwfix and B&Q as well.

They are very draconian about relationships at work and will make you move stores if they know you are in a relationship with someone at work. It's debatable whether this is acceptable, but that's the only policy I didn't really like. Right to privacy and treating people like adults etc.

They do have a good management programme that isn't impossible to get on if you show some willing.

Oh yeah, no heating or cooling so there's about 1 month of the year the building is a nice temperature otherwise you're boiling/freezing.

I spent the summer working in domicile care, I washed a gypsy, applied endless creams to 70 year old thrushy vagina and found a body. So in comparison screwfix is gold!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.