Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    while you're sleeping i mean.

ReputationRep:
    no because i use it as my alarm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    no because i use it as my alarm.
    Eh? Doesn't it switch on automatically and go off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    yeah mine does that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    it does but whats the point of turning it off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    it does but whats the point of turning it off?
    To save the battery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    my phone is tempermental with the alarm- i usually leave it on in case i get any messages etc during the night, and my alarm seems to go off properly if i leave the phone on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    To save the battery?
    i have it charging in the night.

ReputationRep:
    the reason i asked is because i usually keep it switched on, but then the other day it occurred to me that maybe i should switch it off...what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I just leave it on silent. But I do that in the day anyway.

I usually have it on all day every day, and charge it every 2-3 nights.

ReputationRep:
    I usually switch it off. I don't want to get woken up by random calls and messages in the middle of the night, and leaving it on drains the battery faster. I do use it for my alarm, but it comes on anyway My boyfriend leaves his on and I always wonder why when he gets 3am calls from completely drunken friends who don't even realise they're calling him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    the reason i asked is because i usually keep it switched on, but then the other day it occurred to me that maybe i should switch it off...what do you think?
    i put it on silence, incase someone call

ReputationRep:
    No.. because I rarely get calls or texts in the nightime, and when I do, they're usually from the people who I wanna hear from anyway, even if it wakes me up.

ReputationRep:
    I leave mine off, cos it never rings anyway and I could probably leave it off during the day too.

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm going to start switching it off from now on, to retain my battery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    No.. because I rarely get calls or texts in the nightime, and when I do, they're usually from the people who I wanna hear from anyway, even if it wakes me up.
    Same here, and you never know when someone might desperately need you.

ReputationRep:
    i voted off...but sumtimes i leave it on...depends...even if i turn it off while im sleeping it means its only off from 2am to like 9am...and if ive been called while its been off i get little messages telling me so!!

ReputationRep:
    The question in the poll is odd - "do you keep it switched off"

"Do you keep it switched on would be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    Precisely! Also, I have a friend online who always talks about how the guy she likes calls her up at 3AM etc to chat randomly, and I'd never miss a chance to talk randomly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleenus`)
    True, but I have my landline by my bed - I know that in real emergencies, people would call that. Mobile calls and messages can generally wait til morning. (Although I do tend to keep it switched on at night if I'm away from home and my mum's here on her own, just in case of emergency).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.