kapowginger
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi guys. I'm asking this for a friend who doesn't have an account on here, but she'd like to know, as she has to resit her maths GCSE next June (2017) as her college doesn't allow for November resits, whether or not this will be of the same specification as we studied for the maths exam in June (2016). Basically with the changes to GCSEs, we were on the old syllabus (Edexcel), but she's worried whether or not she will now have to learn the new specification for the new GCSEs for her resit next June...? Thank you .
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Probably the old spec, as June 2017 is the last resit opportunity for the old spec (Spec A). The 9-1 reforms won't effect resits within the November 2016 and June 2017 series.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kapowginger)
Hi guys. I'm asking this for a friend who doesn't have an account on here, but she'd like to know, as she has to resit her maths GCSE next June (2017) as her college doesn't allow for November resits, whether or not this will be of the same specification as we studied for the maths exam in June (2016). Basically with the changes to GCSEs, we were on the old syllabus (Edexcel), but she's worried whether or not she will now have to learn the new specification for the new GCSEs for her resit next June...? Thank you .
_gcx is correct, the resit will PROBABLY be the old specification but your friend should check with her college maths teacher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.33%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.37%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.65%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (57)
11.18%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.49%

Watched Threads