Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would I need to have done my IELTS before applying to Cambridge? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I consider English to be my first language since the schools I went to were English speaking, but since I was born in a non-English speaking country, I would still have to take it, right? Would it be fine if I took it after the 15th of October (application deadline)?

Edit: This has been answered already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelienine)
    I consider English to be my first language since the schools I went to were English speaking, but since I was born in a non-English speaking country, I would still have to take it, right? Would it be fine if I took it after the 15th of October (application deadline)?

Edit: This has been answered already
    I have same question as yours, please tell me if it is fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12103763d)
    I have same question as yours, please tell me if it is fine.
    You don't need to sit IELTS before applying.

They usually include IELTS grades as a part of offer condition to international students whose first language is not English, but if your main education has been at an English-speaking school/s, they probably won't as long as your English is good enough.
    It'd all depend on how your interviewers assess your English ability; whether it's sufficient enough to cope with the course or not. If they aren't sure even though your academic ability is good enough for an offer, then they might include IELTS as a par of offer condition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    You don't need to sit IELTS before applying.

They usually include IELTS grades as a part of offer condition to international students whose first language is not English, but if your main education has been at an English-speaking school/s, they probably won't as long as your English is good enough.
    It'd all depend on how your interviewers assess your English ability; whether it's sufficient enough to cope with the course or not. If they aren't sure even though your academic ability is good enough for an offer, then they might include IELTS as a par of offer condition.
    Thanks vincrows, you reassured me a lot phewww~

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.