Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I graduated three years ago with a hons degree in psychology, and I'm returning to university to study occupational therapy. I wondered if anyone else is in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    Second degree as in second bachelors? It is in a very similar subject that could be covered via masters. I would only do a second bachelors if it was at Harris Manchester, University of Oxford.

Surely a good masters and sufficient training would be what you would want?

The most popular second bachelors are in law, medicine and computer science which are available as shorter grad / senior courses or conversion masters.

What about funding? That is some 60k to do a degree these days unless alumni discount.

ReputationRep:
    I want to train as an occupational therapist. A 2year postgraduate course was desirable but there was no universities close to me doing it. Apart from one with £24,000 tuition fees that I cannot afford even with getting the £10,000 loan from the government. I got a space on an undergrad course because the same end goal is obtained and the NHS pay the tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rachel. I'm in the exact same position as you- I'm about to go into my second year studying Occupational Therapy BSc at Brookes and have a degree in psychology. Loads of people in my year were also doing their second degree also so I wouldn't worry about being the odd one out

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Thanks so much for getting in touch ah really?! it's reassuring that other people like yourselves are in the same position. I was hoping there would be a couple of people that are in the same boat. I'm really excited to start and to meet everyone. How are you finding the course so far?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.