LegallyMinded
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I've seen a lot of these 'grow your grades' and 'journey' threads so I thought I'd hop on and make my own, plus I feel it could motivate me more.

Subjects I study:
Spoiler:
Show
Law (AQA)
Classics (AQA)
Economics (AQA) (2 year course)
My AS Grades:
Spoiler:
Show
Law: B
Classics C
My personal targets for the year (grades):
Spoiler:
Show
Law: A/A*
Classics: A/B
Economics: B
My likely predictions (updated to official predictions when received):
Spoiler:
Show
Law: A
Classics: B
Economics: C (due to an awful mock grade)
I intend to study law at Kent (AAA/AAB typical offer). If I do not receive an offer for the law course I hope to receive an offer for the politics and law course (ABB typical offer).

I am hopefully going to be resitting unit 1 in law and unit 1 in classics however I have not yet come to a final decision on this as I am unsure on costs and whether or not I'll be able to afford a resit.

I'll be posting updates, hopefully on a regular basis, but I will definitely be updating you all on my revision and all that other good stuff. I'd appreciate advice for classics and economics as I'm yet to find a good way of revising it.
LegallyMinded
Rep:
?
UPDATE:

Yesterday I brought a few notepads and I'm using one per subject. I started economics from scratch so I can get a better understanding of it - I'm using my teachers micro powerpoints and taking notes as I go. I've completed behavioural economics and economic methodology.

Today I intend to relax as it's Sunday.
zainyyyyy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
the people i know who are doing good in school revise everyday... do not use the weekend as an excuse

(Original post by Muttski)
UPDATE:

Yesterday I brought a few notepads and I'm using one per subject. I started economics from scratch so I can get a better understanding of it - I'm using my teachers micro powerpoints and taking notes as I go. I've completed behavioural economics and economic methodology.

Today I intend to relax as it's Sunday.
LegallyMinded
Rep:
?
(Original post by zainyyyyy)
the people i know who are doing good in school revise everyday... do not use the weekend as an excuse
My plan is to have 1 day a week where I do no revision, that day is Sunday.
LegallyMinded
Rep:
?
Today I had double law, single classics and single economics.

We covered loss of control again in law as most of the group didn't understand it - this was a nice refresher and I didn't have to go over the lesson as it was a revisit.
Classics we looked at Augustus' military achievements and we looked at the number of legions before/after various battles and how Varus was a complete idiot and lost 3 legions in Germania (was an interesting lesson).
Economics, our teacher went too far into the course without realising it so we all sat there confused - not much was achieved so I just sat there and did my own thing and looked at micro in more detail using my revision book.

All in all, productive day! I also managed to successfully drop my EPQ without our coordinator getting mad at me, whoop.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads