What can I do whilst driving through France?! Watch

Jacinta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
OK im going on holiday sunday, and our campsite is like a 16hr drive (with a caravan) through France. Im really panicking cos I don't know what can keep me occupied through the whole of that!
Ive thought of some things I can do:
Sleep (obviously)
Ive got an ipod so i can use that
get loadsa magazines
and get a couple of books
Can anyone else think of anything?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Try to hit as much as possible.
Mr Ben
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is it a video Ipod? if so, you could put a film or two on it and watch those. Or maybe try to borrow a portable DVD player from a friend or relative if you can.
Another fun thing to do is to punch people every time you see a yellow car, hours of amusement there, assuming you do actually pass some yellow cars.
Take in the sights too, the French countryside is beautiful.
Jacinta
Rep:
?
Its not a video ipod unfortunateley, the yellow car thing sounds good though :P
Mr Ben
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jacinta)
Its not a video ipod unfortunateley, the yellow car thing sounds good though :P
It is, and if you get bored you can just cheat, punch somebody and say "Oh, there was a yellow car, but it just went over that hill". Hehe. Oh, by the way, after punching people because of seeing a yellow car you have to say "Yellow Car!" it's the law.
Jacinta
Rep:
?
Oh yeah I know that game lol! You can do it with minis too,
although there aren't many minis in france, just those stupid smart cars & renault twingo things!
Mr Ben
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Then make a new game, "The stupid smart cars & renault twingo things game", punch somebody whenever you see one of them, that should keep you amused for hours. Hope the journey goes ok for you.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Try to hit as much as possible.
Quoted for 'going to say the same thing'-ness
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Colouring book?
Make words out of the letters you see on people's numberplates. You can add letters, but you have to use the letters on the numberplate in the same order that you find them. No proper nouns etc allowed, like in Scrabble. (Can you tell I've been on a lot of long car journeys? Or does that just make me sad? :p: )
Perhaps it might also be an idea to buy a portable DVD player, they can't cost more than £60 for a cheap one surely? (Or am I just horrendously out of touch?) Or, as someone else has suggested, dump a film or two onto your iPod if you can.
Make sure you have a blanket in the back of the car. As well as using it to sleep under, you will also have yourself a perfectly good makeshift tent. Or a fort
HJV
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you or anyone in the car have a laptop? Just watch movies on that... until you run out of battery...

Read a book...

erm...

Eat.

Can't think of anything else now. :rolleyes:
trouttrout
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Eat some frogs legs!
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
...Or snails!

(In the gas stations in France they have really good sandwiches, by the way )

I'm so jealous, I couldn't think of a better holiday that's a long drive through France. When I go to uni, I'm going to find someone who likes France/or anyone and drug them, and drag them on a 4 week holiday, touring the country. Beautiful.
eponymous
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
make sure you experience the "hole in the ground" toilets at "aires"
but thats not exclusive to france
eponymous
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
OP - where abouts are you going? im going on holiday on friday; traveling through france with a caravan to spain (near costa brava)
NickNack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
one time we were driving through the loire valley on slow, steep winding roads and there were a couple parked up having sex... its an idea
Horrorshow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've been through this, to both st tropez and biarritz. Pretty much as far as you can go in france. You said the main ideas in your op though, so I can't add anything else apart from maybe playing cards? a sudoku book or something aswell?
Olyy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I drive down to the south of France (right next to the spanish border on the east coast) most years, and i just take a magazine, my mp3 player and try to sleep as much as i can
Oh and last year i had my PSP, that killed some time
-Kav-
Report 11 years ago
Keep a journal of your thoughts, be they banal or brilliant.
Crystaltears
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Play stupid games with whoever your in the car with like A-Z bands, footballers, movie stars etc.
Take some playing cards. You can play that, but obviously not with the driver!
Text people.
Take some crosswords or suduko.
Actually, if I were you I wouldn't go to sleep the night before and stay up watching telly or something, and then sleep on the journey haha.
Just talk to who your in the car with. You've got 16 hours, you can go through your life stories lol.
Oooh, sweet and sour, that's a good game. You wave to people in cars and if they wave back they are sweet, if they look at you like you're a psycho they are sour. Sounds childish, but it's amazing what bordem can do to you.
Erm...are you a girl? If you are you could paint your nails.
Yeahhhh, you're gonna be really bored lol. Just think of things to talk about with whoever your in the car with. I find some right stuff out about my Mum on long-distance journeys!
sarCAZm
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My bare trek through france mostly Involved reading Boris Johsnons Book...And writing up in a pad of paper my holiday life story
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.64%
No (521)
72.36%

Watched Threads