Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

UCL IMB offerholders and applicants for 2017 entry thread

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    HI guys! I thought I would create this so everyone can post their applications(IB, A levels - grades) and in a few months whether they have received an offer!

I am an IB student, applying in a few weeks in october with 39 points predicted.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am an A-Level student studying
    Media
    Business
    Psychology

predicted ABB

I am wondering if they would give me an offer due to my predicted being lower then what they ask for?!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=grandeur10;67798388]Hi

Media
    Business
    Psychology

predicted ABB

I am wondering if they would give me an offer due to my predicted being lower then what they ask for?![/QUOTE)

Hi,

Go for it but make sure you apply to other uni's with lower requirements as well.

Hope I answered your question

ReputationRep:
    I'm an A level student hoping to do IMB at UCL. I'm studying Maths, Comp Sci and French.

Predicted: A*AA
    GCSE's: 7 As, 2 A*s.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any UCL applicants on TSR who've come across this post who shall be applying with an Access to Higher Education Diploma?

I will be applying for Information Management for Business using an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Business Studies).

I am 19 years old. I don't unfortunately have much if any access to new A-Level qualifications.

I have 1A* 4As 5Bs and 1C at GCSE and ABDE at AS-Level.

I have a rich and articulate personal statement which includes words on how I am presently much more enthusiastic on academic goals than career-oriented goals, an insight day at an investment bank, a job shadow, reading two books, visiting a lecture, volunteering and societies I had been a part of in the past.,

I am deeply worried of receiving a rejection from for example UCL, despite being on track to get or exceed their apparent required grades from an Access course.

It's a Management undergraduate degree at UCL. I would really like words from others on the likelihood of me getting an offer from Durham with an Access to HE course. I massively fear I have no chance when compared to A-Level candidates. It would ruin me if my current qualification is in reality inferior to A-Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone reading this say I am incredibly unlikely to gain an offer from UCL for Information Management for Business, as well as from Durham for Business and Management, Manchester for International Management or Nottingham for International Management, through an Access to Higher Education Diploma in Business Studies? I am very worried over this being the reality.

I am 19. I hold 1A* 4As 5Bs 1C at GCSE and ABDE at AS-Level. I had offers from Manchester and Nottingham for Accounting & Finance degrees while doing A2-Levels in a boy's private school in January 2015. I have a really awry, horrible and intricate past which had not allowed me to continue with my education when doing A2-Levels. I went through a lot of distress. Now, miserably, I mostly if not only have access to Access courses and unfortunately not new A-Levels. My personal statement this year is in my opinion far stronger than what got me offers from Manchester and Nottingham two years ago. I'm petrified. I feel hopeless.

I would not ****ing have this anxiety nor this issue if I had the opportunity to give myself good, manifestly superior qualifications such as A-Level grades.

UCL claim to require a minimum of 18 Distinctions and all other credits at at least Merit for entry via an Access course. If I get rejected this year, should I complete my Access course with 30+ Distinctions and the rest of my Assignments at Merit, so gaining grades exceeding UCL's requirements, and apply the following year with those confirmed Access course grades, surely I am somewhat likely to receive an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi i applied for UCL IMB at the start of December but quite worried since my GCSE grades were really bad ( 1 A 4 B's 5 C's and 2 D's) i still meet the minimum requirements of GCSE grades but worried since it might not be good enough.For my A levels I'm currently doing Media Studies Graphics and English Lit which I'm predicted an AAA in. Any hope for me ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star8888)
    hi i applied for UCL IMB at the start of December but quite worried since my GCSE grades were really bad ( 1 A 4 B's 5 C's and 2 D's) i still meet the minimum requirements of GCSE grades but worried since it might not be good enough.For my A levels I'm currently doing Media Studies Graphics and English Lit which I'm predicted an AAA in. Any hope for me ?
    Hi

I think you will have a problem. on their website it says you should take at least two subjects from their preferred subject list. The only subject you have is English Lit, so you might have a issue.

Website to confirm( https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...level-subjects)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grandeur10)
    Hi

I think you will have a problem. on their website it says you should take at least two subjects from their preferred subject list. The only subject you have is English Lit, so you might have a issue.

Website to confirm( https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-st...level-subjects)
    by graphics i mean: Art and Design: Graphic Design which is on the list

ReputationRep:
    Wait, do I need 3 A-levels and an AS-level? The main UCL website just says AAB, which my predicted grades can meet.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Media
    Business
    Psychology

predicted ABB

I am wondering if they would give me an offer due to my predicted being lower then what they ask for?!
    I'm a current IMB student (year 3), unfortunately no one that I know of received an offer with a lower predicted grade; however, there were people that were predicted AAA but got ABB in the end but still got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackfyre)
    I'm a current IMB student (year 3), unfortunately no one that I know of received an offer with a lower predicted grade; however, there were people that were predicted AAA but got ABB in the end but still got in.
    Hey, how's the course so far for you?

ReputationRep:
    Was the IMB available for Adjustment on you got in . Or is the IMB course available for adjustment at all

ReputationRep:
    Was the IMB available for Adjustment on you got in . Or is the IMB course available for adjustment at all
    I don't know but I can find out if you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The1in21and1)
    Hey, how's the course so far for you?
    Both love it and hate it, it does offer amazing career opportunities within banking and IT industry. I can tell you more in private if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know but I can find out if you want to.
    yes please do. Because as you said people With lower predicted grades ( mine ABB) dont get offers. so i would like to get in through adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    yes please do. Because as you said people With lower predicted grades ( mine ABB) dont get offers. so i would like to get in through adjustment.
    One of the best options is to personally message Richard Pettinger (the course founder), you can find his contact e-mail on UCL's website. He's a very great person and answers to all e-mails, he'll tell you realistically what are you chances and options.

ReputationRep:
    One of the best options is to personally message Richard Pettinger (the course founder), you can find his contact e-mail on UCL's website. He's a very great person and answers to all e-mails, he'll tell you realistically what are you chances and options.
    Do you know how the management science course at UCL is? I have heard its quite different and interesting from all other courses.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional offer from UCL IMB. I'm worried about the employability of this subject though since I've read that UCL is way overrated and that IMB is kind of a joke of a degree :/ Anyone debating over their offers as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fame123)
    Conditional offer from UCL IMB. I'm worried about the employability of this subject though since I've read that UCL is way overrated and that IMB is kind of a joke of a degree :/ Anyone debating over their offers as well?
    Have you got an offer if so when did you get it.

For me the course is a perfect fit, so no not really

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: April 26, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.