The Student Room Group

HIGH ukcat LOW predicted grades - medicine 2017 entry

Hello,

I've taken my UKcat and received a score of 820, however my predicted grades are only A*AB (rather than AAA) and was wondering which unis I should apply to (as my school is pushing me to go forward with my application regardless of my grades)?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply 1
Some universities allow applications with at least AAB predictions. I don't know them off the top of my head but look around on their websites at their entry requirements. I think HYMS might have been one last year. I'd try convincing your teachers to predict you AAA first though, especially if they want you to apply. Tell them how much you need that predicted A.
Original post by hopefulmedic234
Hello,

I've taken my UKcat and received a score of 820, however my predicted grades are only A*AB (rather than AAA) and was wondering which unis I should apply to (as my school is pushing me to go forward with my application regardless of my grades)?

I don't think anywhere will interview you without 3 A prediction. Your ukcat is amazing though and you would get interviews at Southampton, Newcastle etc based on that but ONLY with 3 As, so try to convince school to change their mind.
Original post by hopefulmedic234
Hello,

Or, get 3 As and take a gap year; you'd have to risk doing the ukcat again but you're obviously good at it so that wouldn't be a massive problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending