Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok before i get started just like to point out the following:
    I got the grades ABD at Alevels this year
    A -Geography
    B - Biology
    D- Chemistry
    I didnt make it into my firm offer due to mainly probs with my results (there was a pending result in geog, hence uni didnt recieve any result) but got into my insurance for same course and same grades were needed(just in points, not grades)

Ok, in my chemistry, i had a very **** teacher during the AS year and he was forced to leave as he just basically never taught anything or wrote on the board, most of my class got tutors (i didnt know this) then we got taught last min by our headmaster but it was way to late. I dont have much passion for chem, but i can deal with it if i am taught it. I was never taught anything for A2 , and never seen many topics on the sylabus let alone specfic tips for the exam. In chem i did both AS and A2 this year (june 2003) and i could handle AS chem, but not A2 - but only because i didn't know what to learn/never seen topics/had a cramming of exams during this time and sacrificed chem as i had no chance. So basically i went into the A2 chem exams with no knowldege what so ever of id estimate of 70% of the course. Below are my exam results :
    m1 70/90
    m2 68/90
    m3 75/120
    m4 26/90
    m5 26/90
    m6 68/120

So that gave me 332/600 , a grade D. However i got two 23% in m4 and m5 and thats just silly really. If i got/can get 40/90 in these two modules which is only a grade E id get a C overall. Now although im into uni, i dnt want the D hanging around me as ABD sounds crap imo and ABC sounds so much better. Im thinking of retaking the modules 4/5 in jan23rd and getting a tutor in my xmas holidays to get taught it. Because my thinking its worth the work, which i dont think is that much for an E in two modules to get the grade C. What do you guys think? How much it cost for exams? I know a2 chem is hard, but it wasnt i couldn't handle it as i got good results in a2 bio, geog...it was just i nevr got taught it and looked at any of it (my fauly too i know!)
    ( btw i basically taught AS chem myself in a week revising/past papers before the exam, but couldn't do this for a2 as pile up of exams)

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.