Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you could defeat a physical challenge from someone much larger and heavier than yourself if you had to- for example someone very heavy set carrying possibly 60-80 kg more bodyweight than you , like a typical nightclub bouncer physique.

im taking about relying purely on your own personal athleticism, self defence training etc.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Chakede)
    Do you think you could defeat a physical challenge from someone much larger and heavier than yourself if you had to- for example someone very heavy set carrying possibly 60-80 kg more bodyweight than you , like a typical nightclub bouncer physique.

im taking about relying purely on your own personal athleticism, self defence training etc.
    Definitely not! If it was someone similar size/weight, perhaps a little bigger, then perhaps, but not that size!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    Do you think you could defeat someone carrying possibly 60-80 kg more bodyweight than you
    Aye. I've not been involved in any fights since my school days but had no problem handling myself with bigger guys back then and when I switch, well.. you don't want to be around :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Aye. I've not been involved in any fights since my school days but had no problem handling myself with bigger guys back then and when I switch, well.. you don't want to be around :innocent:
    Ok do you do a martial art

A social scientist martial artist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Nope. Had no problem putting a 70kg black belt with 2 dan on his ass back in high school though (I was like 60kg)

Damn straight fool! Ninja 'nomics ftw :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Nope. Had no problem putting a 70kg black belt with 2 dan on his ass back in high school though (I was like 60kg)
    the classic crown jewels attack? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    the classic crown jewels attack? :holmes:
    Naw, choke hold. Guy's face went purple like a bruised strawberry :mmm:

ReputationRep:

What is a social scientist martial art? :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    yes, i could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    What is a social scientist martial art? :laugh:
    I meant social scientist martial artist, hows the maths a lvl going? I just started core 3, not enjoyable :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I meant social scientist martial artist, hows the maths a lvl going? I just started core 3, not enjoyable :lol:
    Oh, I thought you meant as in 'soft' martial arts and 'hard' martial arts lmao. To be honest I haven't started yet, my college is dilly dallying around with details and as of yet I haven't got a conclusive answer from them as to my start date, timetable etc.

ReputationRep:
    I weight 67kg and it's probably not unreasonable for me to claim I'm stronger, faster, more flexible and technically better than the vast majority of people. I wouldn't try to fight anyone on principle but ignoring that, someone bigger than me I'd just want to get away. If they hit me then it's going to hurt more and if they get hold of me I'm going to have a harder time getting away. But one on one, given space to move I'd be confident in my ability to out move them, get in a hit or two if needed and run.

Like a 6ft fat guy headbutted my friend who weighs about the same as me. My friend went flying back a good few feet and the guy came after him. There was no way in hell I was going to be able to hold him back or fight him but he was going to hurt my friend. So I kicked him in the gut and winded him more than long enough for two bigger guys to grab him and throw him out.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how slow he is. Trip, then ground and pound. It's not exactly honourable, but if my life's in danger I'm not going to quibble about the ethics of how I saved my life.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Being bigger doesn't mean you're gonna win, of course. However, if there are two guys of matched fighting ability, the bigger guy always has the advantage.

ReputationRep:
    ITT: people who have not met someone who weighs 60-80 kg more than them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 17, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.