Maths exams in 2017 Watch

abbie651
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've just gone into year 11😳
I have always struggled with maths but recently I've been finding it a lot better, I'm predicted a C at GCSE next year but I hope to achieve a B to go into college and do biology and chemistry and positive English language!
I would love if anyone could give me some ideas or tips on how best to revise for maths and if I should start now by just doing some light stuff?
I'm not sure but I wanna do everything I can )
Thankyou !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

NinaBean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I too am sitting the new Maths GCSE (Year 11) and what I think you should know is that these exams are more based around problem solving questions in general. So my best advice is to definitely be perfect with fluency questions in maths and then try to apply your fluency skills to some problem solving questions. You can find many of these type of questions with the new CGP revision booklets (I recommend getting the exam practice workbooks they're perfect). Also try to learn other topics ahead of your classes to get a head start so your maths lessons are more like revision to you. lastly, the one thing I do is go to my maths teacher after school to really try some in-depth problem solving questions that help me understand maths more in depth. Now I'm not saying to exactly do the same thing with your teacher but my point is that you should definitely try to build up your relationship with your maths teacher so not only will you understand their teaching of maths more but also feel comfortable to ask for help at anytime!
Hope this helps xx
abbie651
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am definitely going to take all of that on board! The books sound brilliant I'm going to purchase them too, Thankyou very much! Hope your revision all goes well along with all of year 11!
Thankyou xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
kaurk024.316
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I am in year 9! I will be choosing my subjects... Pleaseee help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (100)
49.02%
No (104)
50.98%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed