Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello,

I will be doing:
    Biology, Chemistry, R.S & French and I hope to Law / or Law with Politics either at Oxford or a top russel group university. Are these suitable? Providing, I get for instance A*A*A* will I get in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Hello,

I will be doing:
    Biology, Chemistry, R.S & French and I hope to Law / or Law with Politics either at Oxford or a top russel group university. Are these suitable? Providing, I get for instance A*A*A* will I get in?
    Your A levels are fine for law. It's good to have an essay subject in there to demonstrate that you can cope with the constant writing at degree level, but even that's not essential. Regarding grades: for Oxford, your A level predictions are not a huge factor – as long as you're predicted at least the offer grades, of course. Anything beyond that doesn't make a big difference and it's much more important to do well on the tests and at interview.

As well as Law, Oxford offers a degree in Law with French Law, where you spend a year studying abroad. I don't know if that would appeal to you but keeping the opportunity open is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely suitable for law and with good predictions you will be in a good position to get an interview. I wouldn't necessarily advise doing 4 A Levels, it will look considerably better to get say A*AA over AAAA in they eyes of both universities and employers. I only say this as I know many people who regret doing 4 for law

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.