Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i achieved 6A*(BIO,CHEM,PHYS,MATHS,GEO,R.S. ), 3As(ENGLISH LANG,ENGLISH LIT, PSYCHOLOGY) and a B in french.
    am i still in a good position to carry on with medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questions4367)
    i achieved 6A*(BIO,CHEM,PHYS,MATHS,GEO,R.S. ), 3As(ENGLISH LANG,ENGLISH LIT, PSYCHOLOGY) and a B in french.
    am i still in a good position to carry on with medicine
    Yes of course

ReputationRep:
    Yes definitely, just avoid very GCSE A* unis like Oxford, Cardiff, Bristol and Birmingham. Most places you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yin-yanggggg)
    Yes of course
    is it good enough to apply to cambridge on other russell group unis

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge used to be based on UMS AS results so not sure how that is changing.

It's no harder/easier to get in to Russell/non Russell Group unis for medicine. Each uni has its own entry criteria and their selection process is rigorous wherever you go. Russell Group is not really medicine related as the GMC wouldn't fund non Russell Group unis if they weren't excellent medical schools. Don't base your decisions on that, decide whether you want to do PBL or where you want to live for 5/6 years, where your stats fit, whether you might want to intercalate etc etc much more important than the Russell Group thing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Your GCSEs are satisfactory for Russel Group Universities, including Oxbridge. Although, it really depends on how well you do in your A Levels. If you want to stand out as a Medicine applicant, make sure you have lots of relevant work experience and excel in your UKCAT test.

Best of luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.