Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got a decent house this year, and we're hoping to share if for our placement years. We're mostly computing students and were wondering, how close are the placement opportunities to the city?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Christine from the Information Centre here, contact your faculty placements office and they should be able to give you an indication of how local their work placements tend to be. For Computing this would be
    [email protected]
    Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drooid)
    I've got a decent house this year, and we're hoping to share if for our placement years. We're mostly computing students and were wondering, how close are the placement opportunities to the city?
    I did my placement in Manchester which I found myself.

The SPEC office tend to advertise placements that are relatively close by but I wouldn't limit myself if I were you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.