Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I moved in 3 or 4 days ago to my flat which is supposed to hold 6 people. Currently, there are only 3 of us and the two others seem to be AWOL. Freshers starts tonight and I have no one to go with and I am not at a commutable distance from my home.

I can here the others in their rooms and always try and spend most of my time in the kitchen and communal area hoping they will come in but they don't and I'm starting to feel really lonely. I see everyone else in their flats and they're spending time with each other and I greatly feel like I'm missing out.

It's early, but should I apply for a room transfer? I don't want to miss out on freshers week and I feel like I will if I stay in this flat.

Thank you, if you took the time to read this! Your advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatdekutree)
    I moved in 3 or 4 days ago to my flat which is supposed to hold 6 people. Currently, there are only 3 of us and the two others seem to be AWOL. Freshers starts tonight and I have no one to go with and I am not at a commutable distance from my home.

I can here the others in their rooms and always try and spend most of my time in the kitchen and communal area hoping they will come in but they don't and I'm starting to feel really lonely. I see everyone else in their flats and they're spending time with each other and I greatly feel like I'm missing out.

It's early, but should I apply for a room transfer? I don't want to miss out on freshers week and I feel like I will if I stay in this flat.

Thank you, if you took the time to read this! Your advice would be greatly appreciated :-)
    Are you going to Freshers Fair on the 16th? Plenty of stuff to do there and I'm going.
    What are you studying anyway?

Currently a third a year Biomedical Science student myself. =)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.