How lenient is leicester on grades/offers? Watch

KateemClassciv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
For example, could I get a BBB offer for ancient history and archaeology, with a predicted BBB? And then if I got BBC at the end of A2?
rebeccascarry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I applied for psychology and they made me an offer of AAB, i got CCD and was still accepted but on the grounds of special consideration.
justastudent321
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hey I just got into uni and I applied for International relations which required me to achieve BBB but ended up getting ABD on results day, I would say they are pretty lenient; you'll be fine
savraervaer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got into accounting and finance with grades CCC.
They require ABB
alexp98
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by savraervaer)
Got into accounting and finance with grades CCC.
They require ABB
Wow, i was looking into this course to and was wandering if i could get in with BBC. Were your GCSEs very strong and did you firm Leicester?
savraervaer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alexp98)
Wow, i was looking into this course to and was wandering if i could get in with BBC. Were your GCSEs very strong and did you firm Leicester?
I actually got in through clearing and they required BCC on the day however they said a grade below was acceptable so I got quite lucky.
Uhmm my GCSE's weren't too bad, 4A's, 4B's and 4C's.

However, I think the ultimate to why I was accepted was due to the low number of students on the course. I think there was a greater number of students in the Banking and Finance course because the Accounting and Finance course wasn't available for students for the 2015/2016 entry.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't set my standards low. Just make sure you do the very best that you can. Start past papers from now lol
OD23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My offer for economics was ABB and I got in with a BBB without clearing or anything. So they are definitely lenient.
EpicNameBro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got a conditional offer of ABB for biological sciences but ended up getting BCC, they still accepted me
danenglish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My requirements for Geology were BBB and I ended up getting BCD and still got in on results day. I'd say i was lucky but this shows they can be very lenient.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads