Choosing A-level subjects- Maths or Geography???

Watch
Gles131
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently in the process of choosing my AS/A level subjects and need some help picking my third .
Planning on studying Veterinary Science at University, therefore need to take Biology and Chemistry. I'm stuck between Mathematics and Geography as a third subject. Any help would be gratefully appreciated, thankyou!
DarkEnergy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://university.which.co.uk/subjec...inary-medicine

"Useful to have: Physics, Mathematics"

Maths then in my opinion.
Theawesomejem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Geography is far easier and much more interesting than maths in my opinion I didn't struggle to revise and it is still considered an academic subject. Maybe do Maths and Geography then the one you get the highest grade in continue to A2?
Gles131
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Theawesomejem)
Geography is far easier and much more interesting than maths in my opinion I didn't struggle to revise and it is still considered an academic subject. Maybe do Maths and Geography then the one you get the highest grade in continue to A2?
Thankyou for the reply. My original plan was to study all four, but my school would ather if all pupils only take three due to the fact that all have to also take the Welsh Bac.
I agree that Geography would be the easier option. On the other hand, would this leave me under a disadvantage when applying for uni?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads