Anyone else excited for Final Fantasy XV?

Announcements Posted on
Calling all anime fans! Don't miss the midnight Secret Santa deadline! 04-12-2016
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I literally have a load of theories and spend most of my time watching theory videos on youtube. 10 years waiting and another 2 month delay

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US SQUARE?!?!

Anyone else excited? some believe it is overhyped but for me THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!

ReputationRep:
    only if it comes to pc. I cant be bothered to buy a console for 1 or 2 games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    i find it unfair they haven't released it for PC along with consoles. I think it would look epic with PC capabilities. Unfortunately I can't afford PC so i am, in fact, stuck with console. I do believe it has been rumoured for PC as well though, eventually.....maybe in another decade

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hoping there's a PS4 Slim bundle or limited edition console. KH3 and FFXV are pretty much the only reasons why I'm considering picking up a console this generation. Otherwise I'll pick one up later when the xbone or ps4 get a price drop.

Japan will probably get one, but here's hoping EU will as well.

I'm not sure how I'll like the combat, but I'll judge when I actually play it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fango_Jett)
    I'm really hoping there's a PS4 Slim bundle or limited edition console. KH3 and FFXV are pretty much the only reasons why I'm considering picking up a console this generation. Otherwise I'll pick one up later when the xbone or ps4 get a price drop.

Japan will probably get one, but here's hoping EU will as well.

I'm not sure how I'll like the combat, but I'll judge when I actually play it.
    Ive preordered for both Xbox and Ps4.....but ive been waiting for news on the ps4k and its being released 19 days before ffxv. so im fingers crossing there will be a bundle with that so i can carry over my preorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blade_Dance)
    Ive preordered for both Xbox and Ps4.....but ive been waiting for news on the ps4k and its being released 19 days before ffxv. so im fingers crossing there will be a bundle with that so i can carry over my preorder.
    Just got announced. Limited Edition PS4 Slim and a game+regular console bundle. No word on EU pricing, but it's more expensive than the PS4 pro in the US. Doubt it will be too different here.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/...ore_than_a_pro

I love Final Fantasy to death, but I don't think I love it enough to spend over 350 pounds on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchymofo2)
    Probably will get a shoddy PC port later on. Square simply can't stop their greed when it comes to remakes and ports.

God, XIII is absolutely awful on PC. Playing it for the first time on PC now and it's still such a mess years after release on it. Frame rate just swings so wildly I can see why people get a bit nauseous playing it.

I'm really only considering getting a PS4 for KH3 and FFXV.

ReputationRep:
    God, XIII is absolutely awful on PC. .
    It's just the first two of the trilogy are bad ports, the third one (Lightning returns) is a decent alright-ish port.
    Hopefully (cross fingers, touch wood) the port for XV will be on par or possibly better with Lightning returns (besides it can't possibly be worse then the force unleashed port, I mean that game had missing sound files, intense motion blur, etc.)

But besides that, I'm hyped, FFXV looks pretty epic and awesome from what I've seen so far, I certainly can't wait to play it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plasmapause)

But besides that, I'm hyped, FFXV looks pretty epic and awesome from what I've seen so far, I certainly can't wait to play it
    I'm cautiously optimistic. I've learned the hard way not to get hyped before the game actually comes out and we see what actually ends up in the game vs. overly-polished alpha footage.

Honestly, how Ubisoft get away with it year on year is absolutely astounding.

ReputationRep:
    I really want it to come out for PC, the graphics are omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggg and I wanna learn everything about its world and story like I did for 10 and 13

ReputationRep:
    I cannot bloody wait! So excited! Thing is I haven't really looked much into it as I've wanted to keep it a surprise!

ReputationRep:
    HELL ****ING YES.
    It looks so good and Noctis is just :daydreaming:. The graphics look phenomenal and I keep playing the Platinum Demo over and over again because I simply can't wait.
    However, I've been waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 (im)patiently for 10 years. :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh totally agree with everyone else. Need this on PC. It's not often I think of just emptying out my savings but games like this have me wanting to for a console

ReputationRep:
    BEYOND EXCITED.*

I've been tracking it especially closely since I finished XIII... then XIII-2... then Lightning Returns.... then X/X-2 remake... then Type-0... and after eventually getting bored after 80hrs of Theatrhythm Curtain Call...*

Final Fantasy has been my favourite franchise for a good 15+ years. I'm so excited for it to finally come out!! I had the £200 Ultimate CE on preorder but I just couldn't find a way to justify it. So I'm picking up the Deluxe Edition instead.

ReputationRep:
    Just got announced. Limited Edition PS4 Slim and a game+regular console bundle. No word on EU pricing, but it's more expensive than the PS4 pro in the US. Doubt it will be too different here.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/...ore_than_a_pro

I love Final Fantasy to death, but I don't think I love it enough to spend over 350 pounds on it.
    There is a few games I am wanting for ps4 so for me now is the perfect time to start thinking about getting one. My birthdays beginning of november too so that helps ^.^. At least there will be bundles for it. Thanks for the new!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    BEYOND EXCITED.*

I've been tracking it especially closely since I finished XIII... then XIII-2... then Lightning Returns.... then X/X-2 remake... then Type-0... and after eventually getting bored after 80hrs of Theatrhythm Curtain Call...*

Final Fantasy has been my favourite franchise for a good 15+ years. I'm so excited for it to finally come out!! I had the £200 Ultimate CE on preorder but I just couldn't find a way to justify it. So I'm picking up the Deluxe Edition instead.
    I got paid a week after the CE sold out then i moved home when the second batch went on sale so i missed that too. FFVII was my first game and it has been my favourite franchise since then. It is the only game series that has made me bawl my eyes out. "If you see Aerith, tell her i said hi, would you say i became a hero?" And type 0......i just cant.

ReputationRep:
    The really annoying thing is I bought a ps3 the day it came out specifically for Final Fantasy versus XIII (Now Final Fantasy XV..) and obviously it never came out. I'm so poor and I can't afford a PS4 . Someone hates me haha

ReputationRep:
    HOLY **** YES I AM SO ****ING EXCITED!!! I'm playing through FF 10 at the moment as well

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait!!!!! Just another month!! Just completed FFVII again and now playing 8

ReputationRep:
    It looks gorgeous but it won't be a day one purchase for me. I'm more interested in Persona 5 but if the reviews are good I'll definitely give it a go.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.