Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    IM IN YEAR 10 I NEED WORK EXPECIENCE any 1 know how to get 0ne

ReputationRep:
    ask around some cafes, they are the best starting point. If they won't accept you - i know you're going to hate this - but try do some voluntary work for a bit, some people I know have done that and after a week the employer started paying them. Even if its to scrub some dishes or work on a til, it looks great on your CV to show you're dedicated

ReputationRep:
    Go to a local shop/school/vets/nursery/hospital/ wherever you think you would enjoy working at and ask them if they offer work experience.

I did mine at Adidas Head Office in Stockport and it was an amazing 2 weeks and having work experience like this with a world known company helped me get a job with Sports Direct too

ReputationRep:
    Try going to a place where you think you might have an interest in working or the field you want to work in when you're older as lots of employers prefer experience. You can ask anywhere you have an interest in and usually, they would accept, you should get a form from school that you can take with you to get them to fill out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animal-lover)
    Try going to a place where you think you might have an interest in working or the field you want to work in when you're older as lots of employers prefer experience. You can ask anywhere you have an interest in and usually, they would accept, you should get a form from school that you can take with you to get them to fill out.
    Yh i want to become an account so therefore where should i do work experience ?
    Thks for the help anyway xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfcFob)
    Go to a local shop/school/vets/nursery/hospital/ wherever you think you would enjoy working at and ask them if they offer work experience.

I did mine at Adidas Head Office in Stockport and it was an amazing 2 weeks and having work experience like this with a world known company helped me get a job with Sports Direct too
    AWW thts nice of them enjoy your life and thks for info!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thaliawaters)
    ask around some cafes, they are the best starting point. If they won't accept you - i know you're going to hate this - but try do some voluntary work for a bit, some people I know have done that and after a week the employer started paying them. Even if its to scrub some dishes or work on a til, it looks great on your CV to show you're dedicated
    I wanna become an accountant xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    Yh i want to become an account so therefore where should i do work experience ?
    Thks for the help anyway xD
    If there are any accountancy places in your area you could ask there? if not, you could always work in a bank as some accountants do work in banks so you would be half way there

ReputationRep:
    If there are any accountancy places in your area you could ask there? if not, you could always work in a bank as some accountants do work in banks so you would be half way there
    Wht do you mean by accountacy places ??xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayu123)
    Wht do you mean by accountancy places ??xD
    If you know any accountants near you, maybe you could do work experience with them? Sorry, I'm not that great with accountancy

ReputationRep:
    If you know any accountants near you, maybe you could do work experience with them? Sorry, I'm not that great with accountancy
    Its alright but you think they will allow me to do work experience in a bank ?xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.