Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I'd never wear anything FCUK - it's tacky.
    French Connection is good, but there are definitely two sides to them.. The side with good, casual but stylish clothes, and the side catering for the mass public who find the (quite frankly banal) FCUK slogan funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i don't understand why people would pay 60 quid for a pair of jeans they can get for 35 in river island/topshop/new look.
    Personally, i think your mainly paying for the brand......i seen jeans that cost £200+ and they are just normal jeans with a big label.....

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    Personally, i think your mainly paying for the brand......i seen jeans that cost £200+ and they are just normal jeans with a big label.....

I'd rarther pay more for clothes without a label, i find that clothes with names and large labels are cheaper than ones without, take a look though any department store, a shirt which says 'paul smith' on is quite cheap, but a shirt which has a tiny name hidden sumwhere but is much better designed costs loads more, you get what you pay for

There is a severe difference between paying a bit more for something that is cleraly the same and paying a lot more for something that is well designed, well made and is a superior product. Names like Prada, Versace and Lang are famous for a reason, saying that they are like any other clothes is insulting to the time and effort they put into designing clothes are instantly destiguishable from any others.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what for, but a bit of everything really. I tend to binge buy from tk-maxx, getting nothing for months followed by half a dozen pairs of jeans in one go, and it's designer stuff but a lot cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I think people are getting confused here, designer clothes dont have names written on them therefore you cant buy them just for the name, you buy them because people can notice how good they look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    There is a severe difference between paying a bit more for something that is cleraly the same and paying a lot more for something that is well designed, well made and is a superior product. Names like Prada, Versace and Lang are famous for a reason, saying that they are like any other clothes is insulting to the time and effort they put into designing clothes are instantly destiguishable from any others.
    hello, Mr fashion expert

if you cannot see the label on the clothing, on the so called big brands, would u be able to tell it's much more expensive then normal cheap clothing?

ReputationRep:
    The designer stuff I buy, I buy becuase its unique. I think the word and concept of designer is being used loosely here. Brands like Volcom, Diesel etc arent really "designer" becuase they are so mass produced. Designers are more people from the old houses like Balenciaga, Chanel and C.D. And many of the new houses have couture collections.

ReputationRep:
    hello, Mr fashion expert

if you cannot see the label on the clothing, on the so called big brands, would u be able to tell it's much more expensive then normal cheap clothing?

By the look, if the person looking needs a label they're not worth impressing

hello, Mr fashion expert

Yes, the reason that REAL designer clothes are actually worth the extortionate money you pay for them is because people do not need to be told who they are made by. For instance, I don't need to read the label on those strappy top that Jennifer Aniston is famous for to know that they are D&G....they simply scream it!!!

(Original post by Everdawn)
    Chanel
    For me they lost thier way a long time ago....

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the reason that REAL designer clothes are actually worth the extortionate money you pay for them is because people do not need to be told who they are made by. For instance, I don't need to read the label on those strappy top that Jennifer Aniston is famous for to know that they are D&G....they simply scream it!!!
    Ignor him, hes obiously the type who is impressed by someone with a t shirt which says FCUK or Versace in big letter on it

ReputationRep:
    For me they lost thier way a long time ago....
    No way! I know the last two collections have been all lace and vintage but its going to be a huge SS05!

ReputationRep:
    hehe, well i see what u mean......if your talking about dresses celebrities wear, that are like £10,000's....i was talking about something slightly more expensive then your cheap brand!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    Ignor him, hes obiously the type who is impressed by someone with a t shirt which says FCUK or Versace in big letter on it
    I dont care for Versace.

ReputationRep:
    not at all...i wear relatively cheap brands......what made u come to that conclusion???!!!

I'm more impressed by the 90+ years of design experience behind the creation of the garment. The fact that the company produces some of the highest quality clothing on the planet (obviously I'm not referring to FCUK People accept that some cars are better than others, why is the same not true of clothes?!? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Monsoon have lovely clothes. Can't afford them though.
    I know, but I forgot to mention I have a friend who works there. It's been useful having family/friends links. I can shop at Topshop, River Island, Mango, Monsoon & Oasis, wihtout ever having to pay the full price for most items

ReputationRep:
    People who buy labels just for the sake of it piss me off...clothes are not to be worn so labels hang out.

Having said that i love christian diors summer collection, i like have so much stuff from it. Well as much as my parents are willing to pay for me.

ReputationRep:
    not at all...i wear relatively cheap brands......what made u come to that conclusion???!!!
    it was just the impression i got, if i'm wrong, sorry

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.