Could I be pregnant??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have something called amenorrhea, which means that my periods are abnormal and I haven't had them for years. More recently I took some medication which brought my periods back for two months, but then they've vanished again and I haven't had another one for over 80 days.

I had unprotected sex recently however he didn't, you know, inside me. I have read that this doesn't always make a difference though and that it is just as risky.. I know
that I haven't had my periods, but there is always that chance that I could be
ovulating without knowing my period is on the way.

(Duration was probably between 30-60 minutes, aged 17)
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have something called amenorrhea, which means that my periods are abnormal and I haven't had them for years. More recently I took some medication which brought my periods back for two months, but then they've vanished again and I haven't had another one for over 80 days.

I had unprotected sex recently however he didn't, you know, inside me. I have read that this doesn't always make a difference though and that it is just as risky.. I know
that I haven't had my periods, but there is always that chance that I could be
ovulating without knowing my period is on the way.

(Duration was probably between 30-60 minutes, aged 17)
Yes, you could be. I would suggest doing a pregnancy test.
unprinted
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Both your condition and him not ejaculating inside you mean it's not very likely.

If you're worried, a test will give accurate results somewhere after two weeks from the sex. The exact time depends on how sensitive the test is, but they should all be ok after three weeks. Own brand tests are considerably cheaper than the bigger names, but are just as reliable.
Ldotflirtz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think it's likely but do a test to make sure
Lacey.Haupt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
With your condition, it does take a while for your menstrual cycle to become regular, but since you've had unprotected sex, it's best to check with your doctor.
cattlelivestock
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah pregnancy test v unlikely though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.5%
I'm not sure (51)
4.54%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.36%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.58%

Watched Threads