Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just coming up to the application for medicine and I was wondering if my subject choices would put me at a disadvantage?
    I did Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English for AS, and got an A in each. I dropped English this year (A2) and replaced it with Biology. I'm only doing AS bio this year, but I knew that it meant that I could apply to more unis. Do you think that picking up bio this year puts me at a disadvantage, selection wise? Or does is it even a problem, considering I'm doing it this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keenan99)
    Hi guys, just coming up to the application for medicine and I was wondering if my subject choices would put me at a disadvantage?
    I did Maths, Physics, Chemistry and English for AS, and got an A in each. I dropped English this year (A2) and replaced it with Biology. I'm only doing AS bio this year, but I knew that it meant that I could apply to more unis. Do you think that picking up bio this year puts me at a disadvantage, selection wise? Or does is it even a problem, considering I'm doing it this year?
    I think if the offer states something like 'AAA to include Biology' then you must get the A at A2, I don't think they'd consider just the AS. If the requirements don't state that you need Biology I should think you'd be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Check uni entry requirements online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IfOnlyItWereEasy)
    I think if the offer states something like 'AAA to include Biology' then you must get the A at A2, I don't think they'd consider just the AS. If the requirements don't state that you need Biology I should think you'd be okay.
    Thanks! At the same time tho, do you think they would prefer if I already had biology, or would it not matter, as long a s I did well at the end of the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keenan99)
    Thanks! At the same time tho, do you think they would prefer if I already had biology, or would it not matter, as long a s I did well at the end of the year
    Most unis don't require Biology, only Chemistry and either one of Maths or Physics. If you've just started A2 you should already have an idea of the unis you want to apply to, just check their requirements page to see if it matches up to what you're taking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.