Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So my boyfriend is a year older than me and is moving to uni next Saturday. We've said our goodbyes and have decided that we're going to try and make it work, if it doesn't it doesn't etc etc. Anyway, his Facebook was still logged on my laptop and I've seen messages from him and this girl that I've had doubts about before... I'm at a loss of what to do. He's like a best friend and I want to trust him but it's so difficult !!!!!!! I can't talk to him about it because it's going to **** everything up. What do I do?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my boyfriend is a year older than me and is moving to uni next Saturday. We've said our goodbyes and have decided that we're going to try and make it work, if it doesn't it doesn't etc etc. Anyway, his Facebook was still logged on my laptop and I've seen messages from him and this girl that I've had doubts about before... I'm at a loss of what to do. He's like a best friend and I want to trust him but it's so difficult !!!!!!! I can't talk to him about it because it's going to **** everything up. What do I do?
    What kind of messages? If they were dirty or suggested they were having an affair then of course end it. If it was just normal conversation, at least give him a chance to explain before jumping to conclusions. Does he know you had doubts about her? You should really talk to him. If you can't communicate with him when you have a problem, then continuing a relationship is going to be really difficult. At least give him the chance to explain what was going on

Long distance relationships don't last long anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to tell you but I think you've got to accept that during freshers week and beyond, he'll forget that he has a girlfriend everytime he hits the bars / clubs.

ReputationRep:
    It's not going to last. You shouldn't have read those messages.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's over now. Trust gone.

Find a new guy.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Deepnds what your relationship is like. You should trust him and if you are close he might be concerned you are distressed. He left it logged on although am not sure you should have gone looking.

If you cant talk to him about it then you will just have to accept whatever it was or continue to worry yourself about it forever or split. Move on. Npthing might be going on, but you could push him into having second thoughts. It all depends how close you really are. Relationships rarely survive uni.

ReputationRep:
    Ask him about it and judge for yourself whether you want to date someone who is acting like this.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 10, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.