The Student Room Group

My Year 10 Revision Thread To A* 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by salex413
Ahh thanks, I'll consider buying it :smile:

kk how you revising ?xD join xD http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4310758
Reply 41
Original post by forre
Jheez how come you guys are revising so early on?
Have u guys done any tests if u have what did you get

To get ready and get the most grade available why have you not ?xD:tongue:
Reply 42
Hi My name is Iso and im going to yr 10 (obv)
My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies (A-A*)
Maths (9)

Year 11 exams
Additional Mathematics (idek how this is graded)
Physics (9)
Chemistry (9)
Biology (7-8)
English Literature (8)
English Language (8)
DT (A)
History (8)
Spanish (9)
French (9)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either /aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.

I'm not doing much revision, all I do is my homework and read over what I did during lessons.
How about you?
Reply 44
I'm not doing much revision, all I do is my homework and read over what I did during lessons.
How about you?

Well on Fridays i do my homeworks then on the other day i use Ma sister old Gcse revision book xd you got any revision books?
Reply 45
Original post by MrIso
Hi My name is Iso and im going to yr 10 (obv)
My GCSE subjects are ( predictions in brackets,i have mine because we started in yr9

Year 10 exams
Religious Studies (A-A*)
Maths (9)

Year 11 exams
Additional Mathematics (idek how this is graded)
Physics (9)
Chemistry (9)
Biology (7-8)
English Literature (8)
English Language (8)
DT (A)
History (8)
Spanish (9)
French (9)

For A-Levels i want to do Maths, Physics, Chemistry and maybe Economics to study some type of either /aero/robotics/automotive/electrical/hardware engineering at ideally UC Berkeley, MIT or Stanford and in the UK, Cambridge, Imperial or Southampton.

Well i want to become an accountant and how are you revising for the tests your doing this year God will BLESS YOU and Good Luck xD:biggrin::tongue:
Original post by mayu123
Well on Fridays i do my homeworks then on the other day i use Ma sister old Gcse revision book xd you got any revision books?

Yes I have my sister's old GCSE revision books too, I'll think of using them but I should start buying the new 9-1 GCSE revision books.
Reply 47
Yes I have my sister's old GCSE revision books too, I'll think of using them but I should start buying the new 9-1 GCSE revision books.

yhh me 2 u doing triple science aqa ?
Original post by mayu123
yhh me 2 u doing triple science aqa ?

Yes, I am. How about you?
Original post by mayu123
Year 10 Official Thread (2016-2017)
:blah:
:goodluck:
:keyboard:
Hello my name is Mayu and i am currently in Year 10 therefore im going to take my GCSE in 2018 so therefore i thought if anyone is doing any of the same subject as me so we can communicate and see how we revise and post each others revision things we do so please reply if you are doing any of these :

Maths
English Lit+Lang
Triple science
Business studies
Psychology
Geography
French

I guess thats it xD Tell me when i miss something out but yhh please reply and we can share notes like i will show ma notes i make xD

1)Introduce yourself
2)What are you taking for GCSE :nyan::sub2:
3)Post how your revising

Please Tell me if you are doing the same!!!

Maths, English Lit and Lang,Biology,chemistry,phsyics, and Geography,Spanish,History and Food preparation and Nutrition, and RE

I'm revsing by making notes from lesson and studying topics I don't know, making flashcards, cramming by writing paragraphs over and over again or reading my notes several times over.

-I don't have predicted grades but my personal one is to just do well so that on results day I'm not sad or anything. no B's.
-After school I don't do anything but revise and then I watch a YouTube video or listen to music for 10 mins before sleeping.
-Listening to Spanish podcasts when walking.
Reply 50
Yes, I am. How about you?

yh i am soo we cantalk together and see which revison book on the aqa website is better xD
Reply 51
Original post by Mosope17
Maths, English Lit and Lang,Biology,chemistry,phsyics, and Geography,Spanish,History and Food preparation and Nutrition, and RE

I'm revsing by making notes from lesson and studying topics I don't know, making flashcards, cramming by writing paragraphs over and over again or reading my notes several times over.

-I don't have predicted grades but my personal one is to just do well so that on results day I'm not sad or anything. no B's.
-After school I don't do anything but revise and then I watch a YouTube video or listen to music for 10 mins before sleeping.
-Listening to Spanish podcasts when walking.

OHHH WOW yow will definitely succeed I KNOW :wink: You know Geography are you doing Ed-excel because i am just wondering :h:
Original post by mayu123
yh i am soo we cantalk together and see which revison book on the aqa website is better xD

Yeah, sure! :smile:
What have you been doing so far during your science classes?
Reply 53
Yeah, sure! :smile:
What have you been doing so far during your science classes?

well i we have been doing these:
Physics: energy
Chemistry:balancing equations
Biology: microorganisms and disease
U? and you got any revision books yet ?xD:tongue::wink:
Original post by mayu123
well i we have been doing these:
Physics: energy
Chemistry:balancing equations
Biology: microorganisms and disease
U? and you got any revision books yet ?xD:tongue::wink:

I have been doing the same as you in chemistry and physics, in biology my teacher hasn't been in so I've had substitutes and we did active transport with the sub teacher. I haven't bought any revision books yet but hopefully I will soon.
Reply 55
Update 17/09/16

I havent updated for a long time because i just did homeworks and stuff like that so yh so today i looked through the internet to find useful websites i have linked them down on ma thread at the first page :tongue:
I also did my maths homework and a memorable psychology A4 page poster about rods and cones

And from today i am just wondering what books to buy for my revsion and you know i am doing triple science so i am just seeing what books to buy because on the AQA board website shows us these books but i dont know which one to buy and which is better so yeah and anyone got any of these books and your opinion which one you think is best ?

Many Thanks xD

These books are for Biology xD
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
I have been doing the same as you in chemistry and physics, in biology my teacher hasn't been in so I've had substitutes and we did active transport with the sub teacher. I haven't bought any revision books yet but hopefully I will soon.

Do you have an idea of which book to buy or not yet ? cause i think i do but not completely sure xD:h:
Original post by mayu123
Do you have an idea of which book to buy or not yet ? cause i think i do but not completely sure xD:h:

Nope, I have no idea at all. :tongue:
Reply 58
Nope, I have no idea at all. :tongue:

I have updated what i done yesterday check it out above xD:tongue:
Reply 59
I'm taking

Maths
English Lit+Lang
Biology
Chemistry
Physics