Reply 2
Original post by GcseLad-_-
I am applying to Oxford, Imperial and UCL for Maths. My OCR maths ums is:
C1 100
C2 95
C3 98
M1 100
S1 100
FP1 78 (Silly mistakes, high grade boundaries)
M2 72 (worst paper I've ever done)

My teacher said to enter the ums for the 5 modules I did well in, would this be fine for uni? I will leave fp1 and m2 as pending like the rest of my modules I am taking next year. Will they know I've done 7 modules or can I make it look like I did 5?The reason I am putting ums down is because UCL say they want to see it and Oxford said they will 'consider it'

Do you really need to put the UMS down in UCAS for UCL? Last year, they'd email out a form for us to fill in our UMS after applying.

If you're going to declare your UMS, then you should declare all of them, not just the ones you feel like. Not because you have to, but because the university will assume the worst if you don't.

You aren't allowed to put it in as pending, by the way, you have to put in your achieved grade.
Reply 3
jnkm
(edited 5 years ago)
Perhaps it is not best for me to give my opinion (rather, someone with experience with loads of UCAS applications should reply) but to me that seems fraudulent. In your declaration you say that you are giving misleading information, and as you are trying to hide information to look better..

...we may take any necessary steps to check with you and other parties, including universities, colleges and examination and awarding bodies whether the information you have provided is accurate or complete...

which to me says that incomplete information is a no-no.

https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/privacy-policies-and-declarations/ucas-declaration
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GcseLad-_-
My further maths as which would include fp1 and m2 is not going to be certificated so I would put the 5 good modules into the full Maths A level (leaving out c4 as I haven't taken it) qualification and leave the rest as pending. My teacher said some schools sit 5 modules in year 12 and 7 in year 13. Would my ums be good enough for UCL, what is the average UMS required?

You will have to include AS grades in the UCAs form. The school referee may want to flag your high ums results in the five best modules. Your results btw are very good for a Y12.

Our advice is to think about the MAT at this stage.

Quick Reply

Latest